Test Rides

Tengiz99

Reaction score
Have had the F800 GS for two years now and thinking of giving the R1200 GS a go. Do Joe Duffys/Maddocks still offer the likes of half day test rides? Have had a brief spin on one but not enough to make a comparison with the 800. It's an itch I have to scratch! :blast

Hiya Pete, No sure if either will do a half-day, I do know that you will need to transfer your insurance for any period you use a demo bike.

If your stuck you are more than welcome to borrow mine:thumb2

..... and no it not for sale...:D

Thanks Brian, I might just take you up on that! :thumb2

My own insurance covers me for third party on other bikes?, I also heard in the past you could pay a fee for BMW insurance for the period? Was wondering what the recent experience out there was though.

Duffy's charged me 30Euro for test ride as Carole Nash would not accept insurance transfer.Why not try Hurst in Belfast for free test ride?.

Test Rides usually Euro 30 for insurance cover/day

Maddocks same charge as Duffys

Duffy's charged me 30Euro for test ride as Carole Nash would not accept insurance transfer

First time I have ever heard of a person been charged to take a test ride on a bike.

Absurd

:nenau

When i was in the process of buying my Bike in march no mention of any fee for test rides was told to go off and only to come back after at least 200 miles:DIt was on there insurance the only downside would have been £1000 excess if anything had happened:eek:

Have had the F800 GS for two years now and thinking of giving the R1200 GS a go. Do Joe Duffys/Maddocks still offer the likes of half day test rides? Have had a brief spin on one but not enough to make a comparison with the 800. It's an itch I have to scratch! :blast

Pete, I was in Duffy's today with Geraldine's bike (warranty issue) and asked Lee about test rides.

He said 3 hours test ride with your insurance transferred to the demo bike or if your insurance won't transfer then it would cost you €30.00.

Back
Top Bottom