I just bought Ewan's bike.

Fordy

Reaction score
I've had my gixer 750 for the last 4 years and loved it every time I rode it.

DSCN2820.jpg

Until a trip to the Black Forest this May when I was looking at my mates 1200GSA with envy as my back was a bit achey. Much as I liked the GSA I thought it would be a bit too tall/heavy for me so decided to look at the 800.

I had a look at a well priced one at a Triumph dealership. Apart from it being really corroded they offered me £2k less than book price for my gixer :tosser I don't think 26k in 4 years is that much, but I'ts meant to have done 9k :blast

So I decided to keep my gixer for the time being and try and get a early used 800.

After a test ride at the local dealers I decided to make an offer on Ewan's bike and bought this.

attachment.php

What a great bike. Upright comfort riding position, much better vision to hussle round the tight twisties, suspension soaks up bumps that I'd be bounced out of my sportsbike and decent mpg.

I hope to use it for commuting, Europe tours, weekend ride outs and the odd green lane/camping weekends :thumb2

nice :beerjug: stick a fruity can on it and let the giggles begin:beerjug:

welcome aboard:D

Welcome :beerjug:

When I read the title I did think you'd bought Ewan's actual bike though :blast

It is Ewan's bike, just not that Ewan.

Otherwise it would have come complete with a Toyota Landcruiser filled with tools, spares, satellite phones, medics, fixers and excitable American film producers.

But other than that, the bikes were on their own.

It is Ewan's bike, just not that Ewan.

Otherwise it would have come complete with a Toyota Landcruiser filled with tools, spares, satellite phones, medics, fixers and excitable American film producers.

But other than that, the bikes were on their own.

Would it then also come with the multi-million pound income from the books/DVDs etc - if so count me in too :friday

Cheers for the welcomes :beerjug:

No, not that Ewan lol. That bike is probably in the west gallery as a discussion piece for when all the luvvies come round :augie

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site....:thumb2

Just spent some time on the twisties in the black forest myself with Mutley....bloody hell those roads are fantastic!!!

Welcome Fordy

I'm not far from you, so I'll keep a look out.

These bikes really grow on you. Although it's not a Gixer, I'm sure you'll be impressed with its capabilities. Quick enough to be fun, but shouldn't get you in to any trouble. You'll be amazed at how little fuel you have to put in it.

As for the comfort bit. I don't think it will be too long til you're looking for a new seat. Unless you're really light of course.

Back
Top Bottom