I bought a Carpuiride W502 last May. It was dead on arrival.

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought a Carpuiride W502 last May. It was dead on arrival.

Support was a nightmare as they were insistent that I sent a video of the fault (I sent a video of it being attached to the power and nothing happening), then asked me to try unpairing and repairing bluetooth which of course I couldn't do, then they asked me to check the fuse (which was fine, and I replaced it anyway), at which point they asked for a video of the fault (I sent another video of it being attached to the power and nothing happening).

Eventually they decided the best course of action was for me to use it as it was and for them to offer me a $20 rebate... Err, no!

Finally they agreed to refund my money once they had received it back and inspected it.

I posted it exactly as they had instructed, at my own expense of course, and heard nothing for a few weeks. Turns out it was then stuck in Chinese customs and they needed me to pay the $35 customs charge to have it released to them. And of course they couldn't refund me until they had received and inspected it...

At that point, instead of paying the $35, I raised a chargeback against my credit card. At that point Carpuride agreed to refund me and I cancelled the chargeback request.

They then asked me to provide feedback on the product for their website. I did and they took it down about 24 hours later.

It has been replaced with an Ottocast CarPlay Lite C5 (similar carplay/android auto unit) and that's been fine.

For balance, I bought a Carpuride W103 for the car (before the W502) and that's been faultless.

============

I have stated you a fresh thread.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom