1997 to 1999 GSXR 600 SRAD any good?

brewking

Reaction score
I am after a different bike (to go along side my 1150 GS daily commuter) to take out for fun and a couple of track days and have always liked the look of the older 600 GSXR.

Have any of you had one? Are they good fun and rewarding to ride? Any potential problems to look out for?

My budget is low so looking at older ones.

Cheers

Great bikes!:thumb2
Never had a 600 but lots of good memorys of a 750 i had.
Think they pretty much bullet proof, would just look for usual signs of crash damage and the like..

Regarded as the models that got the GSXR`s back on track (no pun intended) as the previous models were lardy and nothing like as focussed as the original slabbies.

Ive had one, they are great, suspension very good brakes a weak point from my experience but you can buy a later master cylinder.

I would get a 750 for track days as the 600 is slower than current stuff.

Fireblade 954 :thumb

The power of a GSXR 750, in a bike that is lighter than a GSXR 600 :rob

Al:)

After a few trackdays mine eventually became completely track orientated. My 600 looked like this for about a year...

Malloryjpg.jpg

Get a 10mm spacer on the shocks' top mount to lift the rear, have your forks serviced and drop them 5mm through the yolks, and if you can get a pair of 750 Tokico 6 pot calipers it will stop on a sixpence and your fluids won't boil. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom