Triumph Tiger 900 Steamer

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My recently purchased Tiger has now been farkled to suit me apart from the lack of Givi pannier rails. Ifyou know of any please let me know!

Renthal 631 bars with Rox risers
Heated Grips
Acerbis handguards resprayed with a rattle can
Motad Venom cans
Fender extender

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Had one that arrived in kit form, great sounding engines:thumb2

DO NOT FIT A K&N STYLE AIR FILTER

I did as it had one, after hours of fun with the air box it never ran right as it needed jetting, ended up with half a car wash sponge up each 'horn' of the air box to run right.

Nice :beerjug:

I've always wondered about why Triumphs with black engine/Gbox etc casings insist on having unpainted SS bolt heads showing......I could understand it if they were to pick out a detail, but it looks odd to me......it's not like it's a nice looking engine that needs the eye drawn to it :blast

I've always fancied a Tigger though :cool:

Both original cans had rotted through on the seam by the link pipe. Strange for what is a low mileage bike.

tigger

I like that....... I think that, if not the best tiger, that's certainly the best looking variant, especially in black:thumb
Cheers:beerjug:John B
p.s. hope you don't want to buy back that Triumph jacket now:D

I like that....... I think that, if not the best tiger, that's certainly the best looking variant, especially in black:thumb
Cheers:beerjug:John B
p.s. hope you don't want to buy back that Triumph jacket now:D

Ha Ha, no I think my leather jacket days are over now. Textiles every day for me
I quite like the 1050, but not so keen on the interim ones.

Nice. Used to have a 900 sprint. A bit bland. Lovely engines though.
My suggestions. Fat 3 spoke alloys from the daytona, decent forks which dont make you feel like your heading for the earths core everytime you brake, and maybe reconsider the overlong cans.
Otherwise a nice bike. Always liked early tiggers.

Nice bike, I had a red one for a couple of years. I like the slabby shape of the early model over the bug-eyed later versions.

K&N air filter on a Steamer

Had one that arrived in kit form, great sounding engines:thumb2

DO NOT FIT A K&N STYLE AIR FILTER

I did as it had one, after hours of fun with the air box it never ran right as it needed jetting, ended up with half a car wash sponge up each 'horn' of the air box to run right.

Jetting is just the start of the fun with K&N. I put a Porsche K&N unit on mix, cut down to fit. Install #130 main jets & HOLD ON!!! My output went from 86 HP to 101hp. Slight drop in fuel economy, but the gain in engine strength is more than worth it, Been running with glee for over 10 years like this.

You may some photos at http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/motorcycles if you look closely.

Jetting is just the start of the fun with K&N. I put a Porsche K&N unit on mix, cut down to fit. Install #130 main jets & HOLD ON!!! My output went from 86 HP to 101hp. Slight drop in fuel economy, but the gain in engine strength is more than worth it, Been running with glee for over 10 years like this.

You may some photos at http://fishnbiker.smugmug.com/motorcycles if you look closely.

Cool :cool:

I was just making the point as these are non injection, no Lamba. We've been spoilt with BMW since the 80's.

You probably did the best thing and dumped they mad air box, I've got to service a mates 1200 next week and it's the only part I'm dreading!:eek:

Took the bike for its first decent run today. Had to meet some clients in Cheltenham today so I took the scenic route through the Costwolds. What a great day. Five hours in the saddle and some lovely roads and scenery. My bar/riser set up is spot on but next time I will be using my seat pad and fleece as it is not as comfy as my special seat on the GS. The noise from the Venom cans was addictive and it certainly feels much quicker than the GS, particularly for overtakes. If I can only find some pannier rails it will be a good competitor for the BM.

Back
Top Bottom