1150 gs driveshaft for an 1150 gsa?

gently-does-it

Reaction score
Hi all,
so here's my predicament.
My 2002 1150 GSA needs the rear part of the drive shaft replaced. I ordered a 2nd hand one from sherlocks and they kindly sent me one in worse condition than my own.
After speaking to motorworks the guys there seem to think that a complete driveshaft from a 1150 GS will do for the 1150 GSA, but my mechanic doesn't think so.
So, I was wondering if anyone on here has had similar issues or even used an 1150gs driveshaft in an 1150 gsa.
Failing that, I don't suppose anyone has a 1150 gsa driveshaft they want to sell????
Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

I think the Adv one has a master spline:thumb

Thanks Timolgra,
I take it this means that the two parts from the 1150 and 1150 adv would not match up. But what about a complete driveshaft from a standard 1150? Can I fit one of those to an adventure?:nenau

Well, I may be wrong but.....for an ADV the splined shaft going into your rear bevel box has a master spline which lines up with the drive shaft master spline to ensure the UJs are in sync.

The standard GS doesn't have the master spline, where I may be wrong is that it may have been a particular year when this changed and not just that it was an ADV, so my understanding is that the standard drive shaft won't fit your bike.:)

Well, I may be wrong but.....for an ADV the splined shaft going into your rear bevel box has a master spline which lines up with the drive shaft master spline to ensure the UJs are in sync.

The standard GS doesn't have the master spline, where I may be wrong is that it may have been a particular year when this changed and not just that it was an ADV, so my understanding is that the standard drive shaft won't fit your bike.:)

Thanks again Timolgra,
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for an 1150 adv drive shaft then.
:blast

Thanks again Timolgra,
I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for an 1150 adv drive shaft then.
:blast

Yes, but wait and see if Steptoe spots this thread as I may be slightly wrong:thumb

The rear section is identical, only the front UJ is different, BUT early GS,s had no master spline only later ones, so difference is year not model:beer:

I've fitted loads without any problems -

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.
It looks like my only options were a brand new adv drive shaft or a second hand non-adv shaft.
Knowing that the non-adv shaft will do the job I think that's the option I'll go for.

Thanks again everyone. You are all well worth an annual £12 fee. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom