What sort of money would this bring

lockyv7

Reaction score
Been thinking of moving my fav bike on, have had this V7 Sport for almost 30 years but its getting hard on me to ride. I could ship it to the UK then do one last tour of Europe, the Alps and such then sell it over there. The photos are recent, last couple of months. I have 5 bikes now and think that i will get down to two, my R100GS that is easy on my body to ride and something a bit newer that will last out my riding years.

4-1-12009.jpg

4-1-12002.jpg

15-5-08002.jpg

Been thinking of moving my fav bike on, have had this V7 Sport for almost 30 years but its getting hard on me to ride. I could ship it to the UK then do one last tour of Europe, the Alps and such then sell it over there. The photos are recent, last couple of months. I have 5 bikes now and think that i will get down to two, my R100GS that is easy on my body to ride and something a bit newer that will last out my riding years.

4-1-12009.jpg

Great photo....:thumb

First dibs on the forks , front wheel , mudguard and handlebars please:thumb2 Lovely bike :drool, i`m guessing at between £8k - £10k . Rare and sought after , i don`t think you`ll have a problem selling it .

It's a rare bike and hard to value but at a guess I would say between £8k and £10k.

edit: tangle foot beat me to it

double edit: after a quick internet scan on the bikes rarity I would say between £9k and £12k

Been thinking of moving my fav bike on, have had this V7 Sport for almost 30 years but its getting hard on me to ride. I could ship it to the UK then do one last tour of Europe, the Alps and such then sell it over there..................

Seems silly you coming all this way though.
Why don't you ship it over and I'll do the tour for you.
Then I could sell it and send you a cheque for the amount I get.
Can't say fairer than that.
I reckon I'll be able to get £50 - £75 for her after the trip.
Maybe even £100 if I'm lucky.
Plus you'll save loads of money on flights to get here.
I'll take pictures of the tour as well.
Good offer eh.

in that condition in the UK I'd guess 5-6k pound, maybe more if you find someone really hungry for one. They dont come up every day, but they are also not to uncomon, and Europeans can always find them in Italy.

I'd guess selling it in Oz would get you just as much.

I think you'll find it's actually a 4LS front drum....;)

completely wrong, oh pedantic scottisher.

4LS would indicate that there were 4 leading shoes on a single back plate.

What we have here is 2 x 2LS

/pumps fist in air while mouthing " yes...yes...yes - get in there ,my son ! "

:JB

completely wrong, oh pedantic scottisher.

Oh the irony - another clown who mistakes precision for pedantry because that's all he can practise.....:rolleyes:

4LS would indicate that there were 4 leading shoes on a single back plate.

Only to a pedantic troll...

What we have here is 2 x 2LS

Correct.....which is commonly known as a 4LS.

Let us examine the classic Fontana 4LS for example....

sl730198a.jpg

sl730208.jpg

/pumps fist in air while mouthing " yes...yes...yes - get in there ,my son ! "
:JB

Sad bastard.....
headshake.gif

What you're getting confused with is the difference between a 4LS brake and a 4LS hub.

you've shown a 4LS hub :rolleyes:

This is a 4LS brake

attachment.php

and just because someone on the interweb calls it a 4LS brake - its not.

and just because someone on the interweb calls it a 4LS brake - its not.

I think you'll find that back in the day when Fontana were producing them, long before the Internet, it was also knows as a 4LS front brake.

Now, do stop being so pedantic.

from an engineering perspective - i'm correct

What other people choose to call them through ignorance is irrelevant.

Is my pedanticism pissing you off...much ?

Back
Top Bottom