would it work...

I used to do a 280 mile weekend commute all year round. The only thing I found that kept my hands and fingers warm are heated gloves. My current pair are Gerbings and they are fantastic. Water proof also.

Another option, as I find handlebar muffs awkward.
So fitted the optional high hand guard tops and made fibreglass infills to deflect the air away from the finger tips there is a groove around the edges to fit over the lip on the handguards and held in place with 2 X M3 screws.
Made from sacrificial moulds so not pretty but they work.
Perhaps an opening for someone with a 3D printer. :)

View attachment 300621View attachment 300622
Hello Mistercat. That part you made looks ideal for printing... Preferably scanning one of yours would short-cut to a restart, though if have to add your name into the print

For people's interest, I have about 8 filament printers and 3 resin printers, a 4th industrial resin printer is arriving next week can print approx a motorcycle helmet in one go - no, I don't have any ideas for that ). So I'm quite well equipped.

If printing this (these) looks of interest, maybe post me one of your parts...

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

You really think that your exclusive ramblings on an internet forum drive the manufacturing decisions forward :blast

Not that they have many R&D / engineering teams that do it for a living ...

BMW love to hear customer feedback - maybe you don't talk to the right people very often

and for others, funny how there's a decent reply from Mistacat - working around the very issue of strange (unwanted) hand cooling turbulence

Hi Slippery, If there is interest in these I can let you have these to copy when the weather gets warmer.
Ok Mistercat. Will await a warmer moment. But yes, I Will brand then with your handle if you like

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

……Chuckles to one’s self whilst reading Botus’s comments and knowing who Santa2512 works for. 😉😉😉

Back
Top Bottom