Mike O's coming home

AndyB

Reaction score
Mike

Would just like to say how much I've enjoyed your diary over the last months. Thanks for sharing with us the experiences that many would give their eye teeth for, but will never quite manage to do.

I'm not quite sure what I will do now first thing every morning, as the number one task has been to check for your latest journal entry. It has always been eagerly awaited and will be sorely missed.

Best of luck with your return and hope you get sorted out fairly quickly.

Look forward to meeting the man behind the camera and words in the near future.

All the best.

Andrew.:thumb

Hear hear! Mike, your journal has been an absolute pleasure and for me essential reading every day. Well done and welcome home - the Johnathan Ross show beckons!

Not just Jonathan Ross. What about the book, film, tv series, BBC Radio 4 book of the week and t-shirt? I suspect that from the very start this was just another sad commercial stunt. Shame on you Mr O! :D

Like the others I have greatly enjoyed reading about Mike's exploits. It makes me feel a little less trapped at my desk when I read that somebody else is out there on their GS doing what we all secretly (or openly) really want to be doing.

My highlight? Without a doubt Bakerman's "Around the world in 80 diners" quip. That and all the bridge pictures.
:hapybnce:

Mike

For he's a jolly good fellow etc etc

Wholeheartedly agree with all of your sentiments. I'm going to miss the daily journal. For me too it was the first thing I did in the morning at work and brought back great memories of my time spent travelling in the good old days BC (before children!).

If you read Mikes post about his few days at home recently for the job interview I was the one who accosted him at Strensham services and introduced myself. With people recognising him in the street he is clearly now a minor celebrity!

I hope you manage to settle into the routine of 'regular' living after life on the road. After all you've seen and done and the great people you've met it will probably be down to earth with a bump. Best start dreaming about the next trip to ease the pain.

Once again, many thanks Mike for sharing your trip with us.

Rich
:beerjug:

Early mornings won't be the same withou your posts to look forward to, Mike.

Thanks for keeping me entertained this year. Best of luck with the new challenge!

Barry

Mike, I too would like to thankyou for your regular postings. I have enjoyed your trip, next time get 2 backup vehicles a buddy to ride with another with a camera and loads of sponsorship and get a TV company to pay for your trip:D

Best of luck on your return to Blighty hope it wont feel too claustrophobic after all the wide open space.

Hi Mike

Just to say thank you for sharing your adventure with us and to wish you God's blessing on your return to Blighty i'm sure as this chapter in your life closes so another will open and i hope that you find the necessary accomodation and employment that you now seek. Like many others i looked forward to reading your
regular post's

Best wishes K

so chaps..if you're wondering what you are going to do now when you get up in the morning...
instead of letting the computer warm up while you go for your early morning wazz.....
put the kettle on and make your partner a nice cup of tea.....and take it back to bed.........

looking forward to you coming back mike....my riding needs some therapy......

Like everyone said "It's Been Great" and will sorely be missed!!! :(

tho,there's still SouthAmerica, where spring has just started.....
and then Africa,and Australia,and New Zeland,and Japan,andChina,and...........:idea

No surprise I agree with all the sentiments.
Only advantage I had to coming back off holiday was to catch up with your diary Mike. Any chance of a club talk / slide show in future ? Hope you manage to 'settle down' for a while.......then perhaps you can start on the other legs ? Really really enjoyed your posts to date ;)

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Its already been said many times...... but thanks for sharing your travels with us desk bound wage slaves.......... really enjoyed the pics and comments, not to mention the 'can you guess what this car is?' feature.....

Matron said:
so chaps..if you're wondering what you are going to do now when you get up in the morning...
instead of letting the computer warm up while you go for your early morning wazz.....
put the kettle on and make your partner a nice cup of tea.....and take it back to bed.........

:hapybnce: :hapybnce:
Oh Marion you sure know how to make us feel good about ourselves. Thanks.

THANKS too, to Mike. Got us all dreaming... :beerjug:

Ditto, ditto, ditto........................ :D

See you in Brighton sometime Mike.

Cheers

Dick

hi Mike,
Sentiments and comments repeated.

A Massive "Thank You" for sharing

Hope to see you at Eynsford soon.

Rian :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug:

just got a trext from mike saying he's in a departure lounge at JFK

so he should be on the plane by now....

Matron said:
just got a trext from mike saying he's in a departure lounge at JFK

so he should be on the plane by now....

Thanks Marion...the rotten Tomatoes and turnips are in the boot, the phone call has gone in to HM Customs and they promised to use the gloves straight from the fridge rather than the warmed up ones.....

Which gate is he comng in on or shall we all go with the 'pelt anything over 6 foot tall until it retreats' plan??

;) :D :D :D :D :D
Bill

Tie a Yellow ribbon round the old oak tree:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom