Stranded in London. Bike won't start.

tangoman

Reaction score
Hopped on the bike (R1150GS Adv 2002) this afternoon, turned ignition on, pressed starter button and nothing! Like a completely dead switch. Warning lights and dials not misbehaving and pump sounded like it was priming OK. I've checked the fuses and they appear OK. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I get the thing recovered.

Andy.

Hopped on the bike (R1150GS Adv 2002) this afternoon, turned ignition on, pressed starter button and nothing! Like a completely dead switch. Warning lights and dials not misbehaving and pump sounded like it was priming OK. I've checked the fuses and they appear OK. Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I get the thing recovered.

Andy.

Earth or wires from ignition barrel.

Try spinning the circular button around on the push to start button - sometimes the contact there gets a bit woolly ...

(That's as far as my mechanical knowledge goes ... :blast)

You haven't knocked your kill-switch have you?

Oh no, no... er.. me neither... I just 'heard' that it can happen... you know ... to 'other people'...

:D

Could be the starter motor - rock it about in gear while thumbing the starter button and letting the clutch in and out, or give the starter motor a "whack" with something solid and then try.

May I propose yours truly for the Plonker of the Year Award 2012.

I had left the bike in 1st gear - something I never usually do.

Thankyou everyone for their learned advice - it was very much appreciated.

Andy.

Ummmmmmm !!!!!!

I'm saying nothing, (but next time the 11** owners have a pop at a daft 1200 comment this ones definitely getting resurrected ... :D)

Andy.

Fair do's for owning up to that one.......
I'd have gone with this one if it had been me :D

Try spinning the circular button around on the push to start button - sometimes the contact there gets a bit woolly ...

(That's as far as my mechanical knowledge goes ... :blast)

Andy.

+3 kudos for sticking hand up on that :clap

:green gri

Ummmmmmm !!!!!!

I'm saying nothing, (but next time the 11** owners have a pop at a daft 1200 comment this ones definitely getting resurrected ... :D)

Blimey, I thought he'd gone and put diesel in it or something :aidan

Nah .... you've got to be really feckin' stupid to do that ... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom