New bars, waddya think??

Pegging means to drill a hole in the bars and a matching hole in the risers with a peg of the same diameter as the holes, loctited in the riser so when assembled the peg goes into the hole in the bars and stops the apes from pushing forward or pulling back as you brake or accelerate... :thumb2

Relying on the clamp to hold the bars tight under heavy braking or even impact is asking too much. Your weight could and probably will move them.

I remember back in the the day (many years ago) a mate had similar apes on a TSX Triumph. He also had rubber mounted risers. It was a blast watching him nearly go over the handlebars every time he had to stop a bit sharpish. Cracking entertainment. The foolishness of youth...happy daze!

Admittedly I've never been one for the HD or "Cuiser" scene..(although I do have a 12C)...Ive never understoood why anyone would want to go down the bombing down the street with their arms in the air ?:nenau...Always strikes me that they are part of a 60's protest march ??? Personnally I think they look stupid...but if thats your thing ...carry on ...:beerjug:

It goes right the way back to 'Easyrider'...

You either liked one bike, or the other

(or neither :D)

For me it was no contest;

The 'Capt. America' bike was daft...

And the 'Billy bike' was cool, end of.

Attachments

• Billy_Bike_Easy_Rider_126.jpg
    Billy_Bike_Easy_Rider_126.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 120
It goes right the way back to 'Easyrider'...

You either liked one bike, or the other

(or neither :D)

For me it was no contest;

The 'Capt. America' bike was daft...

And the 'Billy bike' was cool, end of.

I'm right with you on that one.

Admittedly I've never been one for the HD or "Cuiser" scene..(although I do have a 12C)...Ive never understoood why anyone would want to go down the bombing down the street with their arms in the air ?:nenau...Always strikes me that they are part of a 60's protest march ??? Personnally I think they look stupid...but if thats your thing ...carry on ...:beerjug:

I have an HD and am most definitely not into the 'Cruiser scene'. The reason people want to have tall handlebars? Not my particular groove thang but I guess because we are all different and have different tastes...vive le difference, I say. But thanks for the input! :thumb

I bet you never owned a pair of skinny jeans, a black leather jacket and some Converse All Stars either :cool

Back
Top Bottom