Zell Am See

markymark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Spending a few nights in Zell Am See next July & was wondering if there are any good pubs or clubs worth checking out ?
The days are taken care off, just things to do in the evening :rob :beer: :beer: :jager

:flag

Crazy Daisy's is good for live music, albeit it is the same band. It's at the side of the railway line fairly central.

For food Kupferkessel is an experience and good value.

Please take loads of pics and vids to share here. It was one of my way points to and from Mongolia and Siberia this year but due to rubbish weather I decided to detour so I never got to see it. It's the place featured in the last episode of Band of Brothers for anyone interested. :beerjug:

Please take loads of pics and vids to share here. It was one of my way points to and from Mongolia and Siberia this year but due to rubbish weather I decided to detour so I never got to see it. It's the place featured in the last episode of Band of Brothers for anyone interested. :beerjug:

I intend to take plenty photo's :thumb2:thumb2

Well, if it's Zell Am See that you're seeking you're obviously going for a ride down the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. If so, seems a shame to be overnighting in Zell when just a few kilometres further on, on the Grossglockner road itself you could be staying at the Edelweisshütte http://www.edelweissspitze.at/englisch/frameset.htm ..... nice accommodation, very good food and a view to die for.

Wednesday night is music night in village during the summer with a number of live acts on. The crazy daisy has live acts on 4 nights a week, usually Boots band on Sunday and Monday
Try to time your visit for the July lake festival, three live rock bands on in the promenade area, 10 bars and all for 6 euros.
For food try the Kupferkessel, huge choice and cheap.
There is a night club in the town centre and a couple of the bars are open till the wee hours.
Good base for the Glockner etc

Well, if it's Zell Am See that you're seeking you're obviously going for a ride down the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. If so, seems a shame to be overnighting in Zell when just a few kilometres further on, on the Grossglockner road itself you could be staying at the Edelweisshütte http://www.edelweissspitze.at/englisch/frameset.htm ..... nice accommodation, very good food and a view to die for.

Well you could, but if it's just one night and it happens to be one of those days (they can happen at any time throughout the summer) that the road is closed you have a problem. And if it's more than one night then would you want to have to ride up there every evening? Makes more sense to stay nearby-Zell is a reasonable choice if you need evening entertainment.

If you can cope with a few beers on the terrace shooting the breeze with fellow bikers then we are within reach of the Glockner plus a whole range of great biking roads.

John

Well you could, but if it's just one night and it happens to be one of those days (they can happen at any time throughout the summer) that the road is closed you have a problem. And if it's more than one night then would you want to have to ride up there every evening? Makes more sense to stay nearby-Zell is a reasonable choice if you need evening entertainment.

If you can cope with a few beers on the terrace shooting the breeze with fellow bikers then we are within reach of the Glockner plus a whole range of great biking roads.

John

If you stay at your place, are the beers/chat on the terrace of an evening compulsory? :D

I spent an unplanned Sunday night in Kaprun a few years ago. (1200GS Fuel pump controller!) There's a cracking BMW dealer in Kaprun, but bugger all else on a rainy Sunday night in July.

If you stay at your place, are the beers/chat on the terrace of an evening compulsory? :D

I spent an unplanned Sunday night in Kaprun a few years ago. (1200GS Fuel pump controller!) There's a cracking BMW dealer in Kaprun, but bugger all else on a rainy Sunday night in July.

Well the first beer on arrival is free, after that you are on your own. As for the chat you don't have to join in but most do. Nearly all our guests are bikers, from all over Europe and beyond-makes for a great atmosphere!

John

+1 for Crazy Daisy's... cool spot, grub is dandy as well... otherwise bit quiet, there is an Oirish bar but was shut when I passed through.

I can totally recommend the campsite and Zell in general lovely area :beerjug:

I would give a thumbs up for KAUFFMAN BMW in Kaprun, cracking mechanic , speaks very good English and when my 1150 lunched its final drive bearings they did it the next day. They also dropped me off at my hotel in Zell and then picked me up later in the day.
Also if your bike is off the road for any length of time they do hire bikes

For food Kupferkessel is an experience and good value.

In winter.

vlgaXqT79R9T2abS9Y1trERXAB21w-NdyoIBdRijxA=w482-h643-no

Back
Top Bottom