Anyone picking up their new bike tomorrow??

PaulW

Reaction score
He's doin' it so there must be a 'Snow' mode somewhere :rob

. . . maybe I'll wait a while - wimp :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 285
The heated grips are rubbish.

On the K13 I traded in and other previous BMW's, level 1 was not hot enough but level 2 was too hot. You put it on 2 until they were too hot then back to 1 until they cool down, then back to 2 and keep repeating the cycle.

I picked my bike up and rode 100 miles home and could not feel the grips. By the time I got home my fingers were numb and I had them on 2 all the way. I stopped at home with the engine still running, took my gloves off, and could hold the grips with bare hands without any discomfort.

Just had the bike in for its first service and they are going to speak to Germany about this, as I mentioned that as well as myself, other forum users had commented how poor the heated grips were.

I think calling them heated grips is a breach of the Trades Descriptions Act!!

Mine's booked in for 1st service on the 6th April.

Here's my list of complaints -

1. Heated Grips!

End!

Oh bugger, and I was going to fit Grip Puppies over them as well!

Maybe those who think they are rubbish have circulatory problems? or maybe I have better blood flow in my hands than most?

I'm not saying they are crap, just not as good as my last GS.

I wear summer gloves most of the time and on the old bike, unless it was really cold ie below 3c, position 1 was ok. 2 was hot!

Went out last weekend and at 4-5c position 2 was cold-ish. When I stopped and took my gloves off the grips were warm but could be, warmer...

Bet there's some EU regs restricting the temp!!!

Or may be, I should just do more hand exercises to get the blood flowing better!!!:augie

I must admit they're not as warm as the ones on my "C"

But at no time were my hands cold, and it was 0 degrees up the Horseshoe Pass on wednesday :cool:

Getting my new GS tomorrow, does'nt look like I'll be going anywhere soon on it though......
Sit on it in the garage , ACF it and adjust the controls if required, etc,.

New bike

Picking my TE up tomorrow in a van,signed everything up last night but snow ice grit and shit means I will enjoy my first run next week.(alpine white):flag

My brand new bike has been in my garage for 2 weeks. I'm ready to go on a rampage if this weather carries on:blast

paul leave it in showroom for another couple of days, just not worth it mate.

Hi Stuart, decided to go to the bike show in Manchester tomorrow (by car). As you say, not worth it. Waited long enough already another few days won't matter

Back
Top Bottom