Signed, sealed, delivered in 7 days...

Welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your new bike :beerjug:

Last edited:
More information...

Red is faster. Obviously.

I have two Ducatis already, a Streetfighter and a Superbike, was happy with these but figured I'd like some easier long miles' maybe a tour UK or Europe and I'd like to camp a bit as well.

My mate who I've been on a couple of Harley Davidson US tours decided to check out the new GS on launch day and I went along. While be was busy buying his bike, I checked out the bike and was very impressed. I'd normally say a Multistrada being a diehard Ducati man but the GS pedigree and new technology swayed me.

I was going to trade the Superbike but I've ended up keeping that and the GS is a new addition. To be honest, an impulse purchase when I'd planned to tour some on the Ducati and quickly realised this would be a world of difference and easier.

I've gone for a red TE, only BMW option is the GPS as the integration pretty much means no choice.

I've since ordered some Touratech protection, bars, cyclinder guards, rad guards and frame guards, all in black. I like darker bikes. The red ties into my gear great and I already have soft panniers, luggage etc. I also ordered the bar riser as I'm pretty tall and tall in the body so like the height.

I've also ordered the Akra as I like the decibels, my other bikes are very loud and it's my toy and I like it that way. :)

I have never had a GS before but enjoying the new scene and looking forward to some more relaxed biking. I think the performance will be fine.

Seems like a caught a cancelled order as I pick up ahead of my mate who ordered two weeks before me. I'm already planning a shake down weekend away as no kids for me over Easter (divorced dad syndrome) so a good chance to get the running in miles sorted.

Luckily, I already have most of the gear obviously but treated myself to some new boots as most of my gear (speed humps etc) is fine but not quite right.

I like to get the bike protected from day one so I may ventureshield it if I see a kit, ACF50 will do for the rest for now.

I'm pretty excited to be picking this up, asked to see the actual bike today and dug around the back of Vines and saw it in the flesh, looking good so far.

Any tips appreciated. I'm a newbie to the GS in any guise so great fun ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom