hi all

Mobile Chicane

Reaction score
Hi all thought i'd get on here as im looking at getting an 1150 or 1200 gs.
Ive had a sit on a 1200 and it seems a bit high for my 30 inch inside leg, how easy are they to lower an inch or 3.

I currently ride an 08 kwak z1000 which is a lot lower, I have previously had a yam s10 and a tdm 850

Whichever you decide to get they are amazing bikes ive done 200 miles on my 1150 gs adventure now and Im smitten:beerjug:

Ive had a sit on a 1200 and it seems a bit high for my 30 inch inside leg, how easy are they to lower an inch or 3.

You're about the same inside leg as me. I've always used a low seat on my 1200s; originally a BMW low seat and now a Sargent. Try that before you lower the bike. There are low chassis 1200s which were available from the factory.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...y=bikes&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=201245491633141

worksafe link of the one I'm looking at.

Price looks ok and I suspect the 21k miles wont be an issue as I know these bikes do more miles than the average garage queen.

There was a moto guzzi stelvio next to it which was slightly easier to sit on but ugly as sin.

Before I look into getting a lowered seat can the olins suspension be dropped without affecting ride quality

Its an 07 so out of waranty now ( I'm assuming ).

How easy is home servicing ?

Do you need to take any particular care of the shaft drive, are they a lifetime item ?

Last edited:
You shouldn't have a problem. I ride (for the moment, it's up for sale) a 1200GSA with a low seat and feet touch the ground without a problem. 29" inside leg.

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site.....:thumby:

I have a 32" inside leg, but my GSA 12 already had the seat scooped by circa 1.5 inches; go for a lowered seat first as a good first option...:D

Back
Top Bottom