70th D-Day Anniversary June 4th-11th 2014

Mark H

Formerly known as Easyrider5258 (Mark)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm organising a trip for next year for the 70th which may be the last "Biggie" I did it for the 65th and about 60 attended including some from UKGSER a good time was had by all :D

The site is the same as the 65th http://www.camping-cote-de-nacre.com/accueil-en.htm

A good central place to base yourself for all the events and only a few miles from the Caen ferry port if you chose the Portsmouth - Caen route,

The location is Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer and will offer camping pitches and chalets, pool, Bar and Restaurant on-site, and you may be pleased to know that children are more or less absent from the site at this time of year.

Accommodation and pitches are now available for reservation at this years prices with a 10% discount, a 25% deposit is required.

I will be there from 4th to 11th but you can book any duration you wish,

Travel, routes and ferries are up to you to arrange,

Booking on-line wont be available until the end of September and will be at next years tariff, The site will fill quickly up-to the end of this year so get in early for a discount and to secure your accommodation or pitch.

Booking now and up to the end of September can only be made by contacting the site directly on 0033-231-971445

If you decide to go and have booked drop me a pm so I have an idea of names and numbers,

Hope to see you there!

some pics from previous years

Cheers Mark. You can count me and Sarah in for this one, exact dates to be confirmed.

The last one was excellent, so couldn't miss out.

Matt :)

Cheers Matt, See you there, about 20 booked in / definite interest so far :D

I've mailed my war obsessed father to see if he'd be interested in doing this two-up. He's always refused to get on the back of my bike but this might be his last chance before he gets too old. Hopefully the lure of D-Day will persuade him?!

I've mailed my war obsessed father to see if he'd be interested in doing this two-up. He's always refused to get on the back of my bike but this might be his last chance before he gets too old. Hopefully the lure of D-Day will persuade him?!

Cheers DrAlf, your interest for 2 noted :thumb2

Thanks for all the interest so far,

Spoke to site today (09/09/2013) and they say it will be full within weeks / month or so, demand is high, if your planning to camp you should be OK for a while longer, but the hard accommodation is going fast, so recommended if you want a chalet / cottage type accommodation, you should book soon, a 25% deposit secures your place, contact the site direct;

http://www.camping-cote-de-nacre.com/accueil-en.htm

Mark.

P&O Ferries booking just opened (27th Sept) for June 2014, best sailings will fill quickly :rob

..... (Close on 30 now booked or firm interest :thumb )

Still waiting to get my GS Adventure, and a friend and I will hopefully be there :)

Fancy that trip we had a family weekend trip to London in the summer kids went to see Matilda I went to see HMS Belfast my dad skippered a landing craft and he reckoned Belfast was the cause of his deafness she plastered the beaches before and during the landing. Funny always remember my daughter Claire saying where you scared grandad. Grandad replied every second dearie. Sounds like me last week coming up the m6 on Thursday

Great stuff. I've been on UKGSer a good long while now but didn't know about this - my own fault. Only found out about it today on the GTR400 forum... and I've only just (today) booked a sweet little cottage in La Bazoque (20km from Bayeux), so I'll be there from 31 May to 07 June. Saint Aubin Sur Mer is a decent touring location, I'll nip over and say hello to my fellow tossers. I am taking my GTR though not my GS... Tessie (the GTR) is still new and hasn't been anywhere yet, so this will probably be our maiden voyage together?

bayeux-cottage-french-rentals-the-cottage-2777718.jpg

bayeux-cottage-french-rentals-bedroom-2777722.jpg

cottage-bayeux-french-holiday-letting-wood-burning-stove-and-feature-original-oven-2777717.jpg

If it's anything like 2004, it should be a great week... I took some mates over as a war studies graduation tour back in 2008 in a mini-bus but I'll be returning solo on the bike this time and I'm really looking forward to it. I passed through last year on my way to Mongolia but didn't stop as the weather was shite but started my trip from Pegasus Bridge and ended 3 months later in Arnhem. Happy Dayz!

:beerjug:

How many are signed up from here so far then?

How many are signed up from here so far then?

Current numbers are 32 booked, plus about a dozen interested but not booked, of the grand total about a 15 from UKGSER's, the rest from other forums, advice is not to delay booking the site as it will soon be full, also the best ferry / Tunnel crossings will go soon :thumb2

Mark.

Current numbers are 32 booked, plus about a dozen interested but not booked, of the grand total about a 15 from UKGSER's, the rest from other forums, advice is not to delay booking the site as it will soon be full, also the best ferry / Tunnel crossings will go soon :thumb2

Blimey, good turnout.

Yeah, people need to book now if they don't want to be disappointed. Accommodation gets booked months, sometimes years in advance, especially for the big 10 year anniversaries like the next one.

Do you have an itinerary of rides/tours or anything?

I'll see you there then, you lot shouldn't be too hard to find.

:friday

There will be a couple of rides, one to see the massed para drop south of Sainte-Mère-Église, the other will head to the Pegasus Bridge area, details of these will follow, previous trips have seen most preferring to do their own thing or with a few pals they travelled with or met on site and small trips happen ad-hoc, the site is used as a base and of course the bar is always busy in the evening :beerjug:

Anyone going from up this neck of the woods, ie North Wales, Cheshire?
Went for the 65th and it was a great site and great trip.

Back
Top Bottom