Re-Applying RR Graphics

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Rally-Raid graphics on my 690 Enduro have all but entirely peeled off:eek:

I have white panels with the white graphics set, which I oin't think like being stored in a shed when outside temperatures go over 30 degC.

There had been a small amount of lifting at the edges where some dirt had go in, hen washing had lifted, allowing more dirt in, and so on.

Now, however entire panels are curling back, one of the lower fork leg graphics actually fell off tonight!

They are mostly in good condition, just some minor scuffs in places. At £240 for a new set I have incentive to try and recover and re-apply the existing ones, if that is at all possible?

Has anyone ever managed to do this? What adhesives did you use? I had been musing about getting some clear wrap to try and hold them in place, or will that be like pissing n the wind?

Mine has done the same - I have used pritt-stick to glue them back down, then but a very thin and small amount of splicing tape down the edges so water doesn't get in. You can only tell there's tape there if you get up close.

If you cant get splicing tape - then the pricey sellotape for photo mounting will do (so it doesnt go brown in the sunlight).

I have asked crispy designs to see if he will continue making his own special decal kits but I think he has had his knuckles wrapped by ktm. They worked out at about £30 a side!

http://crispydesigns.co.uk/gallery/

He also drew our logo and stickers (below)

Hi DollyR,

Thanks for the tips. What did you use to the clean off the old mix glue, mud, sand, twigs and grit?

I have got soem propeller tape somewhere, that should stick it down good and proper, I like the idea though of a complete clear vinyl wrap to keep it all in place.

Just need to find out where to get some...

get down to your local sign shop ... ask if they do a double sided tape, 3M is good stuff. It is seriously sticky stuff. cover the rear of the decal with ittrim to size and re fit.

isopropyol alcohol , WD40, brake cleaner .. all work

the isopropyol stuff leaves the surface ready for re application.

if you use WD40 , don't forget it'll need a wipe over with a solvent to prepare for new decals

Back
Top Bottom