heidenau K60 Tyres in Ireland ?

Banzai600

Reaction score
I know there have been a billion threads about these tyres....on a billion forums.

Im using the Metz EXP's on a 1200 traillie at the moment - savage tyre, great grip wet or dry / toe scraping at your beckon lean etc...

However, looking at something with a little more meat, longer lasting and for a bit of light trail.

Anyone used heidenau K60 's? Anyone know if someone supplies here in Ireland where I can go have a look at em ?

tks

:thumb2

i used them and loved them.

got mine of my net moto.de i think
alos check opinoo or pneus tyres, i know spelling nto perfect

no actual dealer that i know of in ireland with them

if want similar try mefo super explorer they are the older design of the k60 scout and what i will be buying next

I used the Heidenau k76 up in Alaska last July, I noticed mostly all American bikes had the K60 on them, I got 15000 kms out of the back tyre on the GSA1200, two up and well loaded, the front was only half worn, I since fitted the K60 in Santa Rossa USA and no problem with them here, The K76 I got through OPONEO.IE before I left on the trip, I had them in 5 working days and were much cheaper than in USA. You will feel the front a bit funny for a small bit until they settle in, I also noticed they were much smoother than the K76.

I also had them fitted up in Fairbanks for a run oop the ice road , and parts around there, then back down to
California BUT they do NOT grip like Any of the Tourances the compound is very hard !!

tks guys, appreciate the feedback.

@ J.A. where did hear of those "mefo " explorers. Where you getting them from ?

Tks John.

See, Im trying to get something with a little more long wear and try to maintain as much road grip as possible. ( i know, you cant have it all ).

At the moment the Metzler EXP's are great. I can ride the bike hard and fast on corners (when needed). What I dont want is to loose the insane grip i get from the EXP's but I do want to do a small bit of green laning and still maintain as much road grip as possible.

Thats my headspace debate.

the Metzler EXP's are great.
They are but the wear rate is disappointing especially on grippy continental tarmac
I'm now running Tourance Next which, IMHO, are as grippy & are supposed to have a better wear rate
I wouldn't like to try either the EXP or Next on anything worse than a gravel driveway though…..

well new k60 is great tyre just that solid centre bar not great on lanes

the mefo is the same as k60 without centre bar

great wear rate and decent grip

they are essentially same tyre

They are but the wear rate is disappointing especially on grippy continental tarmac
I'm now running Tourance Next which, IMHO, are as grippy & are supposed to have a better wear rate
I wouldn't like to try either the EXP or Next on anything worse than a gravel driveway though…..

I agree re the EXP's, wear too quick in the middle on the rear. But to be fair, I am still on the front after 14k kms. On second rear though. The rear lasted about 10k kms. Not bad really. But their grip and stability is excellent. I hack to work on the bike so the rear squares off. I will try a set of "next" again sometime....off for something different.

well new k60 is great tyre just that solid centre bar not great on lanes

the mefo is the same as k60 without centre bar

great wear rate and decent grip

they are essentially same tyre

Tks again....i spoke to a guy in Zen Overland. So when the Metz tyres are gone ( which wont be much longer ) Im gonna try the K60's. The "mefo" dont come in 1200 Tenere size.

:thumb2

i got my k60 tyres on one other wites as found them cheaper. zen were cheapest for mefos

think got k60 off opionno.ie, mynetmoto.do or pneustyres.ie

speelings are wrong but they had tyres cheaper and free delivery in ireland

i got my k60 tyres on one other wites as found them cheaper. zen were cheapest for mefos

think got k60 off opionno.ie, mynetmoto.do or pneustyres.ie

speelings are wrong but they had tyres cheaper and free delivery in ireland

tks,, will shop around for sure :thumb

Seriously ? From memory I got somewhere between 3500/4000km out of mine :(

Crikey...The rear did wear evenly to a point and I havent done too much heavy carrying. But, id rider it on hard enough. Kept a v close eye on pressures so maybe that helped or else my ultra smooth throttle delivery :gringo

Just saying :trippy

19782DD6-4978-4759-AD83-AF2C899B76BF_zpsoteamd2w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom