Caribbean Cruise comments

ronnie69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for a warm and exotic ish break for me and the missus. It's been a cr*p 12 months :tears and we need a break.

We usually prefer to have a good nose around wherever we go, but the missus wants to chill to the max. We haven't previously contemplated a cruise.

Stumbled on a caribbean cruise and return across the Atlantic. 13 nights, mixture of around the caribbean then a few days at sea stopping off at Portugal on the way back. Looks like remarkable value - starts at £800 for an inside cabin, including flights out to Barbados, transfers n everyfink. It's £500 each just for a cheap return flight, if you can get one at that price! That appears to be all in for everything except booze and apparently you can buy your own duty free. The boat is the Azura and seems to have a decent write up. We'd probably go for a balcony room if we booked it for a bit more space.

Possible benefit for me is I'm not a keen flyer and if I hate it on the way out (haven't been long haul since the 90s) I don't have to fly back !

Not sure the missus will go for it anyway. Anyone on here been on a similar trip - good/bad/indifferent? Top tips ?

Ask Giles he has to go on them .......when he's told to:thumb

Ooooo fancy ..... :D

I have done a few cruises! My folks are old and knackered and it's the only thing they can do now - my mum is particularly slow and needs a bit of a hand, so the last four or five years or so they've been very kind and have paid for me and the missus to come along in exchange for me ferrying them about to and fro the port, and helping her to the dinner table in the evening etc ...

So ..... cruises ???? :rolleyes:

First off, if you get a good deal they're feckin cheap! They probably work out at about £50 quid a night and considering you can eat good food virtually 24 hours a day, that's a bargain! You can do what ever you want - go ashore, chill out, catch some sun, sleep, read ... you can make it as relaxed or as sight seeingy as you want, and if you want to stay on board you'll have gyms, spas, pools, bars at your disposal.

If your missus is saying she wants sun and relax, I've gotta say ... it's a bloody good way of unwinding.

I quite like them (probably 'cos I haven't put my hand in my pocket and paid for it myself.. :D) but I'd only go as a 'feck i'm tired - I feel like sleeping for a week and doing absolutely nothing ..' type holiday. I'm normally hooning over the Alps somewhere ..

Go for it ... :beerjug:

Ooooo fancy ..... :D

I have done a few cruises! My folks are old and knackered and it's the only thing they can do now - my mum is particularly slow and needs a bit of a hand, so the last four or five years or so they've been very kind and have paid for me and the missus to come along in exchange for me ferrying them about to and fro the port, and helping her to the dinner table in the evening etc ...

So ..... cruises ???? :rolleyes:

First off, if you get a good deal they're feckin cheap! They probably work out at about £50 quid a night and considering you can eat good food virtually 24 hours a day, that's a bargain! You can do what ever you want - go ashore, chill out, catch some sun, sleep, read ... you can make it as relaxed or as sight seeingy as you want, and if you want to stay on board you'll have gyms, spas, pools, bars at your disposal.

If your missus is saying she wants sun and relax, I've gotta say ... it's a bloody good way of unwinding.

I quite like them (probably 'cos I haven't put my hand in my pocket and paid for it myself.. :D) but I'd only go as a 'feck i'm tired - I feel like sleeping for a week and doing absolutely nothing ..' type holiday. I'm normally hooning over the Alps somewhere ..

Go for it ... :beerjug:

Ta 4 that :thumb2. Is this young lady known to you? Woz you being twerked, hocifer ? (I'm not actually sure what twerking is but from my limited knowledge that looks like it might be it :D) Which boat is that then Mister?

which boat is that then mister.

looks like one of the mersey ferries. the royal daffodil i think.:augie

My wife JustStan works for a rather big cruise sales company. She said bite their hands off at that price :thumb2

That, you bunch of reprobates is errrrrrrrrrrr, ummmmmmmmm, Queen Mary? Queen Elizabeth II ?? Oooooo I dunno .... after all those Manhattan's it's a bit of a blurr ..

:ChrisKelly

Back
Top Bottom