New MP3 Gizmo - what headset to use??

GSmonkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought myself a new MP3 gizmo last weekend:

IM_NW-E99_2.jpg

Amazingly tiny + 70hrs playback on a singe AAA battery. Anyway, it got me thinking about using it on the bike. Never really tried music on the bike before, as the various players I've owned before have either been too big and bulky, or subject to damage with the vibration. This one is sold state and as such should be OK.

Anyhow, can anybody recommend a headset to use with this??

I've currently got a mono helmet speaker I velcro in when using the GPS on long journeys and find this to be OK. I was hoping for a similar stereo setup. Not looking for any autocom system as I have no desire for anybody to interrupt my riding with a bloody phonecall and I don't carry a pillion.

Is there some form of headset on the market that can be installed in a full face helmet, with a plug/socket arrangement at the helmet, so I can leave the whole thing in the helmet even when I don't want to use it. The main problem with my current mono setup, is that I have a big heavy trailing lead about a foot long coming down from the helmet, so I really have to take the whole thing out when not in use.

Anybody looking for a new MP3 player, I can certainly recommend this Sony unit. Sony have also finally realised they have to accept MP3's direct - so no conversion required with this player:)

How much, and have you tried it with those headphones....

Used to ride with music and normal headphones but you have to play so loud to hear the music I stopped as I was worried about my hearing, that was 20 years ago with a Walkman BTW... Autorevese was wonderfull as you did not need to stop

Click on the Ultimate Ear logo on the top of this screen. Get yourself a pair of their custom moulded earplugs with the built in speakers, the sound is absolutely amazing - PLUS your protecting your ears as well.

I've got this set-up, and they plug directly into my MP3 player. It adds another dimension to your biking pleasure, it's like sitting in the middle of the Albert Hall listening to your favourite songs.;)

Theres a time and a place for the Albert Hall, surely it isn't whilst riding a bike. That all important hearing sense is helpful when riding especially in built up areas.

Back
Top Bottom