Ebay - 41l tank

I'm selling after a house move reduces my need to cover long distances and so the planned upgrade to the bike is no longer required
Where in the UK can you have a trip that doesnt pass at least petrol station?
Or has he spent to much mponey pon the house and cant afford to ride the bike?

Adrian

I bought my 1150 in 2001 for commuting on. It got an Adv tank fitted ASAP after they came out (£170 s/h before everyone else realised they could fit one and prices went up) because filling up every second/third day became a frustrating waste of time...

It sold a week or so ago and went for £410 I think but buyer must have bailed out. I stopped at £360 as I didn't have a bike for it . Now I do , so may try again.

even at 410.00 thats cheap - irrespective of condition.
The main bitch with these tanks is limited access to standard length fuel pipework and connectors, looking at my bloodied hands I always promised myself I'd make them longer next time, never did.

I'd buy that tomorrow if I had the funds.

even at 410.00 thats cheap - irrespective of condition.
The main bitch with these tanks is limited access to standard length fuel pipework and connectors, looking at my bloodied hands I always promised myself I'd do it next time, never did.

Just fit longer fuel lines? :confused:

Hm, I have a 24l auxiliary tank on the back of my GS, with that I could get 65l in fuel - wonder how far that would take me in one hit!

Hm, I have a 24l auxiliary tank on the back of my GS, with that I could get 65l in fuel - wonder how far that would take me in one hit!

well I get 500 miles plus out of my TT tank

I need a coffee after 300 miles, I usually buy fuel at the same time and have a piss. Always intriged by the need for more.

I need a coffee after 300 miles, I usually buy fuel at the same time and have a piss. Always intriged by the need for more.

on my 22 litre GS tank, I could just about get 280 km at 90mph + with a cross wind at altitude and loaded and the fuel stations were just over 250 apart .. a GSA tank would be enough :beer: Yes sounds silly but I think the Long 6th and altitude led me to wasting fuel big time...:cool:

I managed to go through an entire 32litres (I ran dry as I turned into the petrol station) after just 165 miles, once. Roughly 140 of those miles were at WOT and somewhere near the redline in 5th :green gri

Back
Top Bottom