Salisbury Plain Sunday 26th July - guide sought.

Deleted account 200123001

Reaction score
An opportunity has come up to do have a ride around Salisbury Plain, For the fee of a pub lunch could I tempt anyone to show me around?

An opportunity has come up to do have a ride around Salisbury Plain, For the fee of a pub lunch could I tempt anyone to show me around?

Speedfour4 is local to the plain & knows his way around.....don't think you can PM him though, so maybe worth a post in the SW section.....

Bakerman is also very knowledgeable on the plains, and if he's not busy may well be able to assist......

I'll keep an eye on this, as I love the plains & may well invite myself :D

i need to check my diary. what are you planning on riding? pogo's or big bikes?

If I do go (I'll see if Mav is around to play), I'll trailer my EXC down there.....:D

I'm good for the 26th July! Happy to lead a big bike, easy pogo ride if you're still looking.

Nathan

I'll get a pass for the 26th July (subject to being 'invited' of course); I'll give a Mav a shout as I know he likes messing around on the plains.

I'll be seeing Stevie @ the Hog Raost so will see if I can pre-book a parking space @ his manor, and he might be back from Iceland by then so he may well like to go & play :D

Great, this sounds like its going to be good fun.

It will be :), and i'm quite happy to take a group of up to 6 (or there abouts-anymore and it starts getting a little silly, with riders and bikes spread all over the place). Could make this a experienced big bike/ novice pogo ride if you're happy with this?

If I'm around and it's suitable for a clumsy sod on a 1200GS I'd be keen to join you.

Could make this a experienced big bike/ novice pogo ride if you're happy with this?

Great thank's for the offer to lead.
As my bike is my transport to work everyday and I need to ride it home about 250 miles the only thing I wouldn't want to do is deep water and a boulder field. Anything else I'll have a go at if its more than I've done before.

If there is anything I feel is too much I'm sure there is an alternative.

I'll get a pass for the 26th July (subject to being 'invited' of course); I'll give a Mav a shout as I know he likes messing around on the plains.

I'll be seeing Stevie @ the Hog Raost so will see if I can pre-book a parking space @ his manor, and he might be back from Iceland by then so he may well like to go & play :D

Looks like I may well be able to sort my work schedule out to be around for this :thumb2

Great thank's for the offer to lead.
As my bike is my transport to work everyday and I need to ride it home about 250 miles the only thing I wouldn't want to do is deep water and a boulder field. Anything else I'll have a go at if its more than I've done before.

If there is anything I feel is too much I'm sure there is an alternative.

No problem, heaving 250kg's of dead iron out of deep water isn't exactl;y my idea of a good time either....

I've just struck gold with a set of OS maps marked up with trails. For information Landranger maps 184 and 185 cover The Plains and Winchester respectively.

Back
Top Bottom