Italy/Sicily/Croatia/Albania region July 2015

jc_bromley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning on doing Italy/Sicily coastal regions leaving early July. I'm flexible on dates & routes. Accommodation will be hostels/cheapish hotels.

So far just me and my 2011 GSA....

A/S/L = 53/M/London

Any interest, suggestions, or advice greatly welcomed!!!

Ta,

John

ITALY TRIP.

Hi how long are you planning for the trip . what route ferry or tunnel.northern italy looks great as well around lake garda etc.

Hi Jimmer, the loose plan is, as long as it takes really. I may be doing the Bastille Day celebration in France around the 14 July, then spend a few weeks bimbling round Italy or Croatia or both....
I need to be in the South of France around the 10th August. I've never been south of lake Garda Italy wise, everywhere else I've done a number of times. I'm then heading off to Spain for a few weeks, again no dates or routes set.

John

My old riding buddy!!! Hi JC that's a big trip, we have done a lot of the area's your looking at in the wobbly box/ or bike but not all in one trip, love to join you but our plans for this year take us elsewhere. Have fun mate.

John, great to hear from ya! I'm still not working so can't sit the summer out doing nothing...so travelling it is! Any recommendations?

Did Albania 2013 with no planning, as usual. Was a great trip down through Croatia and Albania ending up in Sarande at the hotel Briliant. Roads are generally ok up expect the sudden absence of tarmac on any road. In Croatia the roads were fine but bridges were timber decked with bits missing (think 70 mph on the road and 5 mph at each bridge). Accommodation was booked the night before and I had no problems.
There is a ride report
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...-Europe-on-a-wing-and-a-prayer?highlight=grez
if it is of any use.

JC just a suggestion but why not follow Grez's route, perhaps slipping over to Mostar en route, a visit to the old walled town of Dubrovnic should not be missed. Grez took the ferry in Montenegro, but a trip around the lake is better, then on to the madness that is Tirana:D
Butrint and the cable ferry are worth visiting, but make sure you explore the Roman ruins as well, then perhaps on to Greece to catch the crazy overnight ferry from Igoumenitsa back to Ancona Italy.

You might want to pm Gasperghst42 who has done lots of solo touring in that pert of the world.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom