BMW system 4 visor difficult to open

GrinningGSer

Infamous old git
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Love the systen 4 helmet, we have two. On both it is difficult to open the visors without a good yank and am unable to open with a simple finger flick ! The visors are not however stiff during rest of opening.
Any ideas how to make opening easier ? :D

Take out the visor and reinsert firmly. Make sure you hear and feel the click when the visor slides in place.

Recently binned mine when the opposte happened - a small bit of the plastic mechanism broke and the visor would open due tothe wind as you increased speed.

Made for interesting overtaking in the rain :eek

Currently using a 6 year old Akito cheapy that was in the garage (virtually unused) and I'm amazed at how much quieter than the System 4 it is :confused:

Iain

The Sytem 4 is really great in that you can dismantle the entire unit - a few tiny torx keys are necessary to really get inside but it sounds as if all you need to do is remove the visor and flip up chin part (simple procedure - see your booklet or dealer) and then
clean and lubricate the flip-up and visor mountingswhich often get dusty etc... (a silicone spray works well)it will then be like a new one. Really a great system - I have serviced mine may times.

Back
Top Bottom