calling South America

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
I would like to hear from anyone who's done S.America on a bike. I'm working in London at the moment getting the money together to travel again. Would like to ship the bike late Nov03 and back again in Feb04. Also any info on carnet de passages.
Thanks
the celt

There's a girly on the board who's down there at the mo..........

Can't remember her name - anybody help me out here?

She should be able to help you out

the celt said:
I would like to hear from anyone who's done S.America on a bike. I'm working in London at the moment getting the money together to travel again. Would like to ship the bike late Nov03 and back again in Feb04. Also any info on carnet de passages.
Thanks
the celt
Seek out fellow member Phillip Jokisch, he and his sister Tina have recently done a Pan America trip, you can contact him via this board or his web-site

The aforementioned girl's name is Tiffany Coates. Check here if you want to send Tiffany a Private Message (PM).

Whet your appetite by reading 'Lonesome Rhodes' by Ashley Rhodes (or better still, 'Jupiter's Travels' by Ted Simon). Another classic is Che Guevara's 'Motorcycle Diaries: A Journey Round South America' but it won't have much practical info for you.

Go to http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

Gregory Frazier's book Riding South is the "bible" for planning your trip.

Hope this helps.

Simon E.

Cape Horn to Alaska

Celt

The proprietor of my local bike shop did the above trip on an Africa Twin a couple of years ago. Try this link for his route/experiences.

www.cape-crusaders.co.uk

Send me a pm or e mail if you want company on your trip, I'd be up for it big time.

Mick

Re: Ya clever bugger!

jud9e said:
Tried to figure out how to do a PM thing for Phillip but opted for the easy way out in the end :(

Well, well. And I thought you were the URL-Kid. You surprise me. I'm gobsmacked. Nay, nay and thrice nay, I'm flabbergasted. In fact, never has my flabber been more gasted (and I've got a very big flabber).

Worked it out yet?
:D

TOSSER!!!!

Sorry, that word is copyright of Bakerman!

Tiffany Coates is currently heading south in South America and can be contacted Here

Iain

Re: If ya want to tell Professor Brainbox he's a complete....

jud9e said:

Yes, I've just sent myself a "Tosser" PM and I'm pleased to report your link does indeed work.

What exactly is it that you moderate, if not your profanity?

Re: Re: If ya want to tell Professor Brainbox he's a complete....

Simon Eassom said:
Yes, I've just sent myself a "Tosser" PM and I'm pleased to report your link does indeed work.

What exactly is it that you moderate, if not your profanity?

Me? Moderator? You've met me right? Did you see moderation personified? Nah I only 'moderate one forum' and a more appropriate title would be thread hacker, as that is what I do, but only for one (albeit frightfully important) forum.

Everywhere else I am ME and I KNOW deep down you are grateful for it ;) And I love you too :hug

Moderator contd.

Actually the real reward for being afforded the honour of Moderator is exchanging late night (early morning) communications with our beloved forums creator on his latest and greatest modifications. If and when Mrs jud9e and Mrs Paul G ever meet and compare notes they would have a field-day at our expense!!! :D

South America

Hi Celt,

I am also living in London and if you want we can meet one evening for a beer and I can tell you all you want to know about South America.

Write me an email philipp@panamerica.co.uk .

Hola from Argentina

Hi Celt
I sent you a message but didn´t hear back, so thought I would try this method.
If you do have any questions, get in touch.
I have reached Ushuaia and moved northwards again, am now heading towards Uruguay and Paraguay

cheers
Tiffany
:)

I'm from COLOMBIA

And I'm sad to say don't go there,not even to the costal ports,the situation is just to tense,and the risk to high.
venezuela is not that much better this days ,but is no way to cross from venezuela with out ussing colombia and the amazon jungle is just to intense(unpaasable) to go that way.down the continent,Ecuador in the other hand is a really peacefull (in comparacion)and very warm place,peru is great,and if you can go to machu pichu, your life will be a little diferent that is a really mistical place, bolivia is the other contry that I know and is very piecefull but a little to boring.

I hope this helps,If you deside to go to colombia I have friend were that can give you a room and a meal and for sure some tools to use if you need them.

let me know if you need more info,

Hi Ricardo and Tiffany sent you both a PM hope it gets there and
thanks for the offer the more contacts the better, I have a few address in Colombia and Ecuador from friends. I really want to get off the beaten track this is a once in a life time chance for me it's taken two years of planning and saving to get this far, I would like to travel from Manaus to Porto Velho all guide books i've read say road was closed in 1990 but passable with light vehicles, anybody got any info on this it's the Catire Highway BR319. Thanks again to everybody your help.

Amazon

Hi Celt

From what I have heard out here, the road is NOT passable, but most bikers take the boat.
does that help??

Tiffany

Back
Top Bottom