Best routes and most interesting roads?

Bagpuss

I am travelling from Calais to Bilbao with no particular route in mind other than perhaps going to Lake Annesey, then to Eymet in the Dorgdogne and perhaps riding in the Pyrenees....

I am told ridind in the Pyrenees is great if you know the right roads. I am travelling alone so I am completely flexible about where I go.

Does anyone have any unmissable routes and roads they can suggest???

Michelin

It's been said a few times but look on the Michelin maps for ones with the green line next to them. Then at least if the road isn't too interesting the scenery will be. HTH.

Enlightenment!!!

Thanks for the advice about the Michelin maps, I have an Atlas routier et touristique and now understand what all the green lines are :rolleyes:

So I guess I look for green routes and pick the most wiggly ones then??? :D

> So I guess I look for green routes and pick the most wiggly
> ones then???

Yup, and anything that starts "Col de ...." :)

Mind you avoid the Pyrennes - I mean, take a look at rush hour this year - sheesh....

5xtksl

Cheers

Mark

Re: Route now!

Bagpuss said:
Tell me the number of the road and I'm there!!!!

It's the Cg3 in Andorra. It just goes up to a ski station / Mexican resteraunt, then you have to turn round and go back down - oh the shame. It was so shameful I shamed myself about 4 times ;)

Dead quiet in summer although there was still 3 feet of snow by the side of the road / car park at the top.

Also, if you are in the Andorra area, any road out of Sort (Spain) is good. North over the pass (20 miles N of Sort) is hairpin heaven. The road West over to just south of Andorra is a joy, and the road south is great as well. Damn, now I want to go back.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom