1150GS Year models and colours

delpel

Reaction score
I've just dropped my tank, beak and tail unit down to the local Cypriot paint shop. Asked them to paint it Titanium Silver (354) as pointed out in a previous thread.

Last night whilst chewing the cudd at the local bike club I found myself talking to one of the salesman from Balderstons in Peterbourgh. He was saying they never did a R1150GS in Titanium Silver in the 2003 model. They switched to the Graphite Silver (426).

Can someone confirm this as I don't want to paint a bike in the wrong colour if I (read 'My Wife')decide to sell it in the future.

Bike colours

delpel said:
I've just dropped my tank, beak and tail unit down to the local Cypriot paint shop. Asked them to paint it Titanium Silver (354) as pointed out in a previous thread.

Last night whilst chewing the cudd at the local bike club I found myself talking to one of the salesman from Balderstons in Peterbourgh. He was saying they never did a R1150GS in Titanium Silver in the 2003 model. They switched to the Graphite Silver (426).

Can someone confirm this as I don't want to paint a bike in the wrong colour if I (read 'My Wife')decide to sell it in the future.

Delpel

According to my local BM dealer. BMW stopped making the titanium silver in the August of that year for the UK market. However it was continued for another year in some parts of Europe and the rest of the world. I know that models for Germany were still being produced in Titanium because I nearly purchased one from a German dealer who was still receiving Titanium silver ones.

Having said that it might be he was reciving a surplus overflow from BM factory stock and they were trying to shift them. But with poularity of the bike, that would seem unlikely. The only way you can be sure is to contact BM customer services for your area.

Hope that is of some help.

Regards

Cheers for that info Dan.

This bike was brought in September 2003 so I can be safe in saying it was probably built early to mid 2003. This fits if someone knows their onions and has all the model years and colours in his useful information notebook.

delpel said:
Cheers for that info Dan.

This bike was brought in September 2003 so I can be safe in saying it was probably built early to mid 2003. .

It was probably made two weeks before delivery.

Cheers for that emjay, website shows the bike was manufactured in Jan 2003 and my registration docs shown it was registered in May 2003.

Now who can tell me where the engine number is stamped?

Engine number

Hi Del
TJ here - many thanks for the beer last week, got back OK today - so looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow!

Engine number is on RHS of engine, first 4 digits give week and year number.

Regards

TJ

TJ,

Now I'm confused :confused: :confused: :confused:
Just remind me as to where, when and with whom I drank beer.

God don't you hate it when the old brain cells fail you.

delpel said:
TJ,

Now I'm confused :confused: :confused: :confused:
Just remind me as to where, when and with whom I drank beer.

God don't you hate it when the old brain cells fail you.

Akrotiri bike club meeting last Thursday - luckily, you weren,t riding!!

TJ

Penny's dropped.

Nice to meet you chap. Hope you enjoyed your holidays. They seem a nice bunch the guys down at Paphos. Look forward to a few ride outs with them. Especially now the locals have started up the Roll on/Roll Off ferry to Greece again :D :D

Good job I wasn't riding as I didn't leave there until 2am. Pissed as a fart and managed to fall into a storm drain on the way home :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom