HP2 in Norway

stephenenglish

I had an interesting few days off road in Norway. One of the guys had a new HP2. It was being ridden very hard. It was one of the first few bikes originaly purchased in Sweden.
The owner said it had bags of power. After three days the back tyre was well worn down.
He made a great GPS bracket.
Stephen. :thumb

Attachments

• HP2 Rear tyre 01.JPG
    HP2 Rear tyre 01.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 719
  • HP2 Rear Right 01.JPG
    HP2 Rear Right 01.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 658
  • HP2 GPS 01.JPG
    HP2 GPS 01.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 697
  • HP2 GPS 02.JPG
    HP2 GPS 02.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 602
I'm amazed those handlebars don't have a cross brace on them - can they really be that strong on their own without one?

Hi Stephen!

I live in Norway - too bad I missed you!
Next time I hope you make sure I know BEFORE you go here! And that goes for all of you!
I live in the south, close to Oslo.

:) Liv.

Muppet said:
I'm amazed those handlebars don't have a cross brace on them - can they really be that strong on their own without one?

Had a set on my 1150 for over a year in the uk....stronger than the toffee standard set on most bikes.

Pro Tapers they look like, straight for motorcross bikes. Built to be chucked on the floor many times

Nick

stephenenglish said:
I had an interesting few days off road in Norway. One of the guys had a new HP2. It was being ridden very hard. It was one of the first few bikes originaly purchased in Sweden.
The owner said it had bags of power. After three days the back tyre was well worn down.
He made a great GPS bracket.
Stephen. :thumb

Hallo Stephen !

Nice meeting you in Norway, I hope you your trip back was nice.
We had lovley Sunday on our 350 km trip to Oslo there we took the ferry to Helsingborg. There was 1 mm left on the rear tyre after 2200 km, that including 1000 km wery gentle riding.
Now I have a set of Pirellis MT 21 on, they will absolutely get the power more down but i do not believe they will last any longer.

And for You out there that thinks you got a nice "old" R1150 or R1200 GS.
I drove my friends R1150Gs yesterday, it remeberd me last time I was on holiday with the car and was traling a caravan.

Anders "Brum-Brum" Eng

HP2 ABS

Anders "Brum-Brum" Eng

Looking at your bike in Norway, did we see some extra lugs/castings on the front forks for ABS sensors? Do you think they may bring out an ABS option?

What other things have you found that may show other possible extra's?

Best
Stephen

stephenenglish said:
Anders "Brum-Brum" Eng

Looking at your bike in Norway, did we see some extra lugs/castings on the front forks for ABS sensors? Do you think they may bring out an ABS option?

Best
Stephen

No the extra castings are for re-mounting the caliper to accomodate a large Supermoto disc.......not ABS

stephenenglish said:
Anders "Brum-Brum" Eng

Best
Stephen

Hello !

The bike is prepared for ABS sensor on the left fork, and under tank there is place that looks like they could fit the other ABS things.
But for me ABS is abslotely of no intrest. This is the first BMW boxer with super feeling brakes.
Otherwise I am beginning to get along real find with this beast.
I think that this bike is one of a kind. I commuting to work every day, I can go on 400 km tarmac or gravel daytrips and have a blast, I can take it out on enduro tracks and fully enjoy it, I am also longing to do some trackdays next year and I can promise you that that will be fun ( for me, not the others ).

I have always been longing for an other bike, but now I do not realy know what possible could be more perfect for me.
Are you into an active riding lifestile this bike is hard to beat. I normally drives around 30000 km every year so I will be using it and my riding covers all areas.

Anders

Back
Top Bottom