Bike Shipping to Norway

Tunnie, Overlanders are very flexible. I have travelled with them numerous times and more recently there have been more British riders shipping bikes than before. It maybe a Brexit thing but you should send a mail and see if they can accommodate you.
Bf.

Thanks for that, I assumed it was an Ireland only operation.

I’ve only ever ridden to Norway from down here but n sunny Kent.
For a trip of 5 days riding I would probably investigate bike hire first.
You may have more choices of the area you can ride around that way too?
Thinking of a Norway trip - have about 17 days and would need to ride up through Denmark - have you done this - do you think 17 days on total for ride including ride there and back is doable?

Thinking of a Norway trip - have about 17 days and would need to ride up through Denmark - have you done this - do you think 17 days on total for ride including ride there and back is doable?
I had 21 days last August. Why would you need to ride up through Denmark? We didn’t, we got a ferry from Kiel in Germany to Oslo.

The ride from Calais to Hirtshals at the northern tip of Denmark is about 800 miles.
I live in Kent so for me it would be a couple of days to Hirtshals and then ferry to Kristiansand in Norway. The crossing is about 4 hours I think.
20 years ago I’d have done it in a day so if you’re still young/daft enough…..

I prefer to minimise the time on ferries unless they’re overnight. Sleeping but making progress is always good on a fairly tight schedule.

Even if you only get 10 days in Norway and don’t go very far you’ll have a great time. It is a truly stunning country and suits motorcycles very well. All in my opinion obviously.

I hope some of that helps.

I’m a bit late to this thread but my input is that you can ride from The Hook of Holland to Frederikshaven or Hirtshals right up there in the northernmost part of Denmark in a day and have plenty of time to check into a hotel then go for beer and food. I’ve done it riding on my own a couple of times and I’ve done it riding with my wife (she was on her own bike) and though she said it was tough we were still there with plenty of time in hand for the essential food and beer. Obviously this means using motorways and not indulging yourself in luxuries such as food on the way though a brief coffee and bar of chocolate whenever you stop for fuel is acceptable :D

From that point you catch a ferry the next morning and you can be somewhere around Hamar by mid to late afternoon after a much shorter day on the bike.

Another option that I've been considering is getting the bike there and back in stages... e.g UK to Holland. Then find somewhere safe to leave it, a hotel, airport or something similar, then fly home. Fly back a wee while later, pick up bike and go further etc.. repeating this process until you eventually complete your tour.

i'm think this option for a very long lap/tour of Europe...

Another option that I've been considering is getting the bike there and back in stages... e.g UK to Holland. Then find somewhere safe to leave it, a hotel, airport or something similar, then fly home. Fly back a wee while later, pick up bike and go further etc.. repeating this process until you eventually complete your tour.

i'm think this option for a very long lap/tour of Europe...

That’d work well if have hard luggage and are happy leaving bike kit on the bike rather than paying for checked baggage every time.

The hardest part will be picking airports where you’ll feel safe leaving the bike.

Back
Top Bottom