2610 power cable?

nadeem

I need a power cable that I can (hopefully) connect to the battery on my husky for the BMW SAT NAV II - Anyone know which one is best - the garmin site lists a few...

I have a couple that got ordered in error ... they have bare wires for the power and an audio output ... dunno the price but I will let them go for whatever we bought them in for...

Nadeem:

Any cable that is suitable for a 26xx series GPSR will work - you can just cut the end off a 12 volt adapter cable, or a 110/220 volt cable, whatever.

But - be aware that the cables that Garmin sells specifically as 'motorcycle cables' have a different grade of rubber on the outside of them. This rubber is resistant to grease and oil, and stays pliable at very cold temperatures. The Garmin moto cable is not expensive (list is USD $34). You can look it up at this URL: Garmin Moto Cable for 26xx series.

If you just need a cable for 'occasional use' on your moto - use any cable. But if you plan to ride 10s of thousands of miles a year with your GPSR on your moto - it's worthwhile to get the moto specific cable. You'll have less trouble with it.

Michael

Michael

I'm looking for the specific wire that will be waterproof, etc - so I'll give Garmin a call and ask...

Ste@ssb - which cables do you have?

Nadeem,

The Garmin Power & Audio cable for a 26xx is their part 010-10495-02.
Its a bare wire end cable with in-line fuse and jack socket.

RAM-man

Thanks - have just ordered the Garmin cable + ram mount from gpsw.com. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom