Hella FF50 replacements

Wraithwrider

I presently have a pair of Hella FF50 driving lights to help fill in my dipped beam on the 1200.

There is a lot of light 'sprayed around' the beam patterns, making it necessary to angle them down and in a lot to avoid other drivers flashing all the time :rolleyes:

This reduces their effectiveness significantly.

Can anyone suggest some inexpensive replacements that will help out on dipped beam with a more focused light spread?

I don't think I need the power, projection, expense or complexity of HID for this job.

I'm hardly ever on main beam so that isn't such an issue :D

Peter

simple fit the fog versions :D

diving
FF50_Driving_Pattern.jpg

fog
FF50_Fog_Pattern.jpg

it may look like it dosn't show much up but when used along with the bikes own lights it does a good job

Or just swap the glass in the off side lamp for the fog light glass and have the best of both worlds. (ran my 1150 like this with no probs re cars flashing)

Hella don't actualy sell the glass seperately but a quick call to their customer service dept explaining how that stone broke the lens normally produces a positive result :thumb

Thanks guys, I think I'll invest in a pair and power the relays off the Dip/Main supplies.

Peter

I can recommend the Hella Micro DE driving lights. They give a good beam and the top of the beam is a flat line. This enables you to get just the right amount of light throw without blinding oncomming drivers.

Jon :thumb

I've ordered a pair of Hella Micro DE 'FOG' Lights as recommended by Judge.

Their beam pattern is:

mdeneb.jpg

compared to:

ff50fern.jpg

for the FF50 driving lights.

I now need to sort out how to mount both on Gazza's light bars and then I'll wire the FF50's via a relay powered from the main beam.

A job for the winter :)

Peter

Back
Top Bottom