GS Club Spain

Henry Mawson said:
Does anyone know if there is a GS Club in Spain. If tere is can someone let me know please.
HENRY

na sorry - there is a BMW Club - I havn´t been along ever but they seem OK. Its along the same lines as the BMW club in the UK. The GS isn´t quite as cult status YET as in the UK ir Germany. There are small groups of people who go out riding their GSs. I am part of such a support group for the terminally odd in Barcelona. We are 5 or 6 and we aim to go out into the countryside and fall off once a month or so.

if I can help with more info Henry i´d be delighted.

GS's in Spain

I'm based in Barcelona and run around on a GS, so if there is an outing, can someone drop me a line? Would be good to head out once in a while and make the most of the Spanish countryside...

Guy C

Jeez guy's are trying to make me jealous ? Used to live in Andalucia........ made no money but great weather. Now I live in Ireland... loadsa money but shite weather. :D :D :D

Re: GS's in Spain

Champers said:
I'm based in Barcelona and run around on a GS, so if there is an outing, can someone drop me a line? Would be good to head out once in a while and make the most of the Spanish countryside...

Guy C

Hello Champers

I´m live in the city centre (gran via-casanova). I do ride outs relatively frequently.

mail me or call me (93 323 5819, 607 585 241).

If you are in the city this week - I will probably do a ride with some of the people coming down from UK on the 30th.

cheers

bob

Spanish Bob,

I know I may qualify for the latest reply in history, but have just seen your post due to me having to replace my laptop and recover all my bookmarks etc. I am away this week back in the UK, but am back after that, so will call you.

By the way, the GS has just thrown a tantrum and is in for a new fuel pump amongst other bits. I have taken it in to "doshoras" who I really like as people, but have never had a repair done there! Any thoughts? Where do you get your work done?

Guy

Champers

sorry for replying late.

I´ve heard good things about them, but I´ve never used them. I used to use Style Moto in C/Berlín between Numancia and Nicaragua. They are also not official. The boss is very handy, but their prices have gone up over the last few years to more or less the level of an official dealer, but still the quality is better than an official dealer.

I stopped using Muntañá because I didnt like their workshop and recently Ive been using Control 94. But Ive just got my bike back today and the quality of service is SO bad, that I wont be using them again.

What can I say welcome to Spain. You´ll NEVER hear a simple apology from anybody. It sucks. If you bike is out of warranty go independent. would be my advice. If you want some one cheaper I know a good guy in Poble Nou. He´s not a GS expert, but hes a good spannerman.

bob

Hi Bob,

What did Control 94 do that was so bad? I bought my adv there 'cause a couple of bmw-owners at work told me good things about them, and I had the first two services done there. The only problem I've had was that both times I had to fine-tune the throttle balance and increase the idle speed.

I'd be interested to try to work out whether I've been lucky or you've been unlucky.

Cheers
mark

Back
Top Bottom