Will this fit that and that fit this?

ontheroadofftheroad

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I am interested in getting a Garmin 2720 GPS, Do mounts and things that fit a 26XX GPS work with a 2720?

Anyone got a link to an instalation thread for one of these GPS to a 1150GS?

Cheers

Matt :beer:

ontheroadofftheroad said:
I am interested in getting a Garmin 2720 GPS, Do mounts and things that fit a 26XX GPS work with a 2720?
Yes.

Anyone got a link to an instalation thread for one of these GPS to a 1150GS?
Yes :)

Cheers,
Michel

For the GPSR itself, the mounting process is the same as with a 26xx. The physical size of the GPSR is the same, and the cabling is the same.

Don't forget that if you plan to use a GTM 10 or GTM 11 FM traffic receiver to download real-time traffic reports, you will have to make arrangements to mount it. The GTM itself is no problem to mount, but you will need to install a FM antenna to pick up the traffic reports, which are broadcast on a subcarrier of the normal FM band.

Michael

Hi guys ,

Cheers
Matt :beer:

Ditto replies from Migsel and Pan european.

Yes.. The 2610/2720 works with the RAM-HOL-GA9 cradle and B size 1" ball mount kits such as RAM-B-149Z are suitable or if using the Migsel speedo bracket then, a short arm and diamond base (or get a RAM-B-149ZA).

RAM-man

RAM-man said:
The 2610/2720 works with the RAM-HOL-GA9 cradle...

May be so, but I doubt if anyone has tested to see if the USB cable connector from the GTM 10 FM traffic receiver fits into the 2720 when it is in the RAM cradle. This is not a concern if you don't plan to get the FM traffic receiver. If you do plan to get one, then either get it from Garmin and test it with the RAM cradle, or, buy a Garmin cradle and use the RAM hardware for the rest of the mounting.

Personally, I kind of prefer the Garmin cradle because it does not obscure the antenna, and it leaves all the various ports on the back of the GPSR free for future use. It also has a security feature that 'keeps honest people honest', meaning, you don't have to remove the GPSR from the cradle every time you get off your moto, unless you are in a dodgy area.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom