Another Newbie

nedflanders

Reaction score
Hello all, have been reading alot of info on here and finally thought it was time I registered. No bike yet (sorry) having just got rid of a ZX10r. I 'm stationed in Germany with the Army and have been warned off for Iraq so will be getting a GS when I get back, unless a good deal comes up before hand. Test rode a 1200GS after seeing one at the NEC and loved how easy they are to ride, now my only problem is do I buy from Park lane (but with £421 dealer charge I don't think so) or from a German dealer, thank God for tax free is all I can say :thumb , anyway hopefully be back on 2 wheels sooner rahter than later. :cool:

Hiya matey,
Welcome to the madhouse known as UKGSer.. :thumb

Hope you get your bike before too long.

In the meantime,there`s a few decades worth of Forum Searching you can do on here.... :D

welcome Ned - hope you find the GS as good as I do. After years on BMW KRS's I finally sat upright and saw the view. Wonderful - and more thrilling to ride than any of my prev bikes but with as much safety as can sensibly be built into a real motorcycle.

No need to wait for summer either - the GS is truly an all-rounder - and it looks better covered in sh*te - so you dont have to wash it - just make sure the first layer is a protective layer and then ride away!

Has the original "ned flanders" left us ???? .

Not the cartoon version, but the real GS owning Ned !

Paderborn!

Does the London Pub still exist? What about "Dirty Girty's" across the road from Alanbrooke Bks?

Ah the memories :)

MikeP said:
Paderborn!

Does the London Pub still exist? What about "Dirty Girty's" across the road from Alanbrooke Bks?

Ah the memories :)
Yep it's all still here, was over here early ninety's and it ain't changed since then, getting bored already without a bike so maybe the 'waiting until after Iraq' may well be forgotton soon, especially if the German dealer gives me a good price tomorrow, changing the clocks and headlight when I bring it back will be a small price to pay :D

Blimey, I was there in the mid seventies, I might have a butchers around next year whilst on my travels (as long as Wiltrude and Zeta aren't still around :eek: ).

Steptoe said:
Has the original "ned flanders" left us ????
You mean Tim from up Worcester way? No, he is still with us and posting, just less frequently than before.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom