F650GS hugger/mudguard question

Triple T

I am looking for a front mudguard & hugger for my wifes 650gs,any suggestions,suppliers,etc would be appreciated.

Try the Touratech site for the front mudguard. The UK site seems to be down at the moment, so no prices, but the mudguard can be viewed on the US site at <http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/BMW_F650GS.lasso?TopCat=F650GS&SubCat=Body>

I have not seen any rear huggers for the 650 and know of at least one person who is trying to fashion one from the rear mudguard from an off-roader.

Reards
Andy80F

Triple T;

I fitted the Touratech version to my girlfriend's F650GS a few weeks ago. It looks good and it stops the spray coming up through the instrument panel void and getting your neck/face wet (I am talking about motorbikes honest!).

It doesn't keep much crap off the engine - you need to fashion a mudguard flap/extender to do that.

Simon E.

If you look at the bmwf650 website you can find some info and pictures of a cheap but effective rear hugger/shock protector for the 650gs.

From memory, the version on the F650 site was more of a short protector for the rear shock fashioned from an oil container which was, coincidently, shaped to fit once cut in half. It did seem a good idea though a quick look on the site has failed to find the article.

Regards
Andy80F

Believe it or not but Jon has a great design for fashioning a hugger from the corners of a plastic oil can, don't laugh cos it does work! He's away for a couple of weeks but if you leave him a message I'm sure he'll send details instructions. He might even have posted about it on here.

As for a mud guard extension the 650 Dakars have extensions forward and back which are very effective

Rear Hugger for F650GS/Dakar

This is what was on the F650 site - Not my design, and I can't remember who it was, but I owe them a pint :D;

You can get the oil "cans" in black, green, red and grey/silver

I'll add all the pics too;

I recently changed the oil in the car, I bought the oil from Halfords, it's their own brand, 5 litre pack.

When the can was empty, I cut the back of the can out, measured and trimmed it so that it fits between the tyre and swing arm

Held it in place with 2 ty-wraps using the bottom suspension linkage mounts on the underside of the swing arm.

The can had a curve in it so that even when the suspension is compressed it doesn't foul the rear of the petrol tank, and it extends far enough below the swing arm to protect the linkage as well as protecting the shock, it's a cheap but effective means of protection, it's also colour matched silver!
Gavin says "overall height is 12-13 inches, width at widest part 7 inches, the size and shape is basically the same as the back of the oil can.

1of10

Attachments

• hugger1.jpg
    hugger1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 143
2of10

Attachments

• hugger2.jpg
    hugger2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 141
3of10

Attachments

• hugger3.jpg
    hugger3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 137
4of10

Attachments

• rimg0003.jpg
    rimg0003.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 135
5of10

Attachments

• rimg0004.jpg
    rimg0004.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 129
6of10

Attachments

• rimg0005.jpg
    rimg0005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 122
7of10

Attachments

• rimg0006.jpg
    rimg0006.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 95
8of10

Attachments

• rimg0007.jpg
    rimg0007.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 110
9of10

Attachments

• rimg0008.jpg
    rimg0008.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 107
10of10 - Phew!

Attachments

• rimg0010.jpg
    rimg0010.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 110
Exuse me . . . have I stumbled into the Blue Peter website?
:D :D :D

No chance

responsible adults? :confused:

here? :confused: :confused:

I don't think so :D

Back
Top Bottom