Help!! It won't Start

suipedali

Tried to start the bike yesterday, but wouldn't start. When I press the starter button it sounds like i'm firing a machine gun. The dash seem to be "lighting up" ok, but have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone help?

It's a simple case of your battery not having enough life in it to turn the starter motor. It has enough for the dash lights, but that's all.
Give your battery an overnight charge ( disconnect it from the bike first of course) and it should be fine. If your bike is left standing for longish periods, then I suggest you invest in a battery conditioner. I use one all the time called an Optimate, cost approx £40.00 but worth every penny. They're available from most 'bike shops, or mail order.

I hope this helps

Phil;)

Help!! It Won't Start

Thanks for that Phil. I'll give it a try. To be honest feel abit stupid now. Thought of battery, but headlights were own when I tried to start it.

I've just removed the Battery and connected it to the charger. You were right Phil it was flat, many thanks.

If the RID goes blank when you do it, it's a low battery, otherwise it is likely to be a faulty starter problem.

I've just replaced the fully charged battery and it started with no problems. Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom