N85 and various alpine passes

KevinC

Reaction score
Just got back from a week riding down through France, N85 - Route Napolean - from Grenoble to Grasse - fantastic ride - in fact so good I forgot to stop and take pics!! Then down to coast, found a great road from Nice to Menton (not a straight line see below. A rest day or two in Italy on the coast before attempting to get back to France via the alpine passes from Italy. Eventually got back over via Col de Montgenevre and then from Briancon to Grenoble on Col du Lautaret - where I took the nice pic tha I just wated to share. After a close call with back and front going different ways a few times and an even closer call with a road width snow plough made it across and celebrated with a coffee at the first town!

(not sure iof the pics will come out as Ive struggled big time to get them small enough in size to fit on!)

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 213
  • post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 215
Looks and sounds like it was a load of fun. BTW where was post 1 taken?

Cheers
Dave

Yep, done the Route Napolean a couple of times myself, although on a Gixer 750. Brilliant route, can't wait to do it on the GS. Off to the Ardenne in a couple of weeks time, again some great roads although not quite up to the N85.

John

Wot is the road number of the road you took between Nice and Menton? Going there in May myself on the N85 and the Verdon Gorge, so would be great to do that route too! Looks fantastic! :thumb :D

D2204

Yes its a road between Nice and Menton - but the long way round!
loops up the hills and down again for no good reason except that its there! Couple of small villages on the way through but they're just great GS roads. I found that heading off the coast and there's lots like this - great eh! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom