Chip or Techlusion

Muddy

I'm thinking about going the whole hog and fitting a Sebring Twister and K&N. (Y piece done already). Can anyone tell me whether to go for a chip or the Techlusion (R259 or any other).

Techlusion seems the way to go

Marcus:(

Based on reviews and reccomendations on this board (and a cracking price) I've bought a Techlusion Tfi box of tricks,and fitted it today.Easy to fit (Adventure has quick release fuel hoses) good quality electrical connectors and fairly comprehensive fitting instructions/tuning tips......and yet.....and yet!
O.K. first things first,following the additional instructions for bikes with open cans and no catalytic convertor the bike ticks over nicely,seems responsive off the throttle but smells kinda rich and pops back more than ever! So I fine tuned it a bit more and took it for a spin.Yipee-no surging at constant throttle,seems smoother and fairly whips round the tacho,in fact I needed to watch the tacho closely as this was the only way to tell I was getting near the red line! You're all probably aware that vibes and a sympathetic ear would normally make you change up before the limiter-yes?
What concerns me is the instructions suggest a kind of "seat of the pants" method of fine tuning the unit to give best results,this irks me somewhat,as I'm sure all manufacturers get a bit more scientific than "seat of the pants" to determine any engine's fuel map and mixture requirements!
I think I'm going to install a K&N (Y piece and Remus Genesis race already installed) and book some time on a rolling road-anyone done this already?
And can anyone reccomend a good rolling road within an hour or two's ride of South Wales?

Dyno

TTS at Silverstone are suppliers & fitters of Techlusion goodies and have loads of experience of tuning them on their dyno.

http://www.tts-performance.co.uk

Not sure how far away from your place however but these guys seem switched on.

Living up North, too far for me to travel to TTS and I am also looking for more info / feedback from members on setting up the unit. Standard settings do show significant gains however.

Hope that helps.

Rick.

I've got the BBchip fitted to my 1100 and it made a big difference. I am led to believe, through conversations with other riders, that the BBchip does not have such a big impact on the 1150 engine...others may disagree?

The operation of the TFI would give me cause for concern since all it really does is hold the injector open for an extended period of time based upon the settings that you make. If you are putting too much fuel into the engine then you could end up 'washing the bores'. I've seen this happen on a Harley (who sniggered?) the engine overheated and seized. I suppose the only way I'll get to compare the two is to buy one and see.

Rob, just to put your mind at rest, I have flogged the liver out of mine since fitting the R259 box and had no ill effects. This includes a couple of trips out with the local wild bunch on sports bikes and the rev counter was never below 5000 rpm for extended periods. The RID bars never budged above normal temp and I think I am now running it a bit rich. The exhaust outlet looks like I am running on coal.
Must get it dyno tested, when I can be arsed. :D

The exhaust outlet looks like I am running on coal.

Is it still cheap up there, then? How many miles per tonne do you get?

Ho Ho Ho - ever seen a Firestorm 'zorst what has run on diesel.........? :D

Fit the Techlusion.

From Standard and with every identical mod made Panzer's GS was always slower than mine.
I fitted BB Powerchip and found no gain. Panzer fitted R259 Techlusion box and can now power past anywhere in the Rev range.

Littlered, Still Cheap and 25 yards to Traffic Free Bends.

Is it still congested down there? Ho Ho.

My R259 has arrived and I'm going to fit it next weekend. Living near Betws-y-coed, TTS is a bit far to go for me too. I don't know anyone in North Wales with the knowledge and dyno to get the most out of it.

I guess one major advantage the Techlusion has is that it can be 'tuned' when you fit a K&N filter, change air inlets and end cans.

Running lean?

Condition of spark plug 1000miles after fitting 'y' piece. Almost looks a bit black to me.:confused:

Attachments

• p4260235.jpg
    p4260235.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 414
Very Rich!
I've taken my Y piece off and gone back to CAT, I'd got sick of Backfires, no amount of paste seemed to cure it. The bike doesnt feel any slower and may even feel more torquey lower down (sub 5K) but its all subjective. My plugs with the Y piece werent ever as black as yours but the were dark coffee brown and fuel economy took a dive no matter how "careful" I rode. I think it made it rich in the idle /low rpm area so affected this more. I was going to re-check plugs now that i've got 600miles on it with CAT but its phishing down.
I'd fitted the Y piece not long after 1500miles when it didnt want to rev much over 5.5K (engine tight) and changed back pre 6K service. I also quite like the stealth aspect of the stock exhaust now, "Me speeding? couldnt have I'm sensible just hear that exhaust orificer"

IainMac.

Techlusion fitted

Fitted the R259 and K&N today. Pulls well in 2nd (wheelie off throttle) and revs out quicker. Very impressed. Settings:

Green 0.63v
Yellow 1.75v
Red 1.95v
Cruise 3.84v

Was fairly easy to determine the yellow pot position (0-4500rpm).
Just have to keep cracking in open in 2nd. Red pot (4500rpm+), tweaked it up a little and revs out much better. Green and cruise, pretty much left alone.

I would very much recommend setting up properly on a dyno.

Anyone else got voltage readings? (got 'y', K&N and standard can)

Techlusion !!

Have been running no filter and no end can but CAT still fitted and the Techlusion really made a difference,

Green 0.93v
Yellow 0.75v
Red 1.45v
Cruise 2.54v

Power wheelies in second, better economy (so far) and of course the back wheel now completely exposed (small exhaust end from the local motor factors to tidy up the CAT output pipe).

Managed to get on the dyno at Demon Tweeks just outside of Wrexham and it appears that it is putting out 94hp, not bad eh!

94bhp?
Not to be sniffed at all,won't last though with no air filter,think of all the nasties your engine is sucking in!:(

OK guys where is the cheapest place to buy a Techlusion R259 and how much ?

I fitted the Remus race can, Y piece and K&N filter, and have ridden it for about 200 miles. I pulled one of the plugs and the bike is running very lean. I tried fitting the original air filter back in but it is still just as lean. Thinking that it is not a good idea to run the bike this lean I have ordered a Techlusion R259 and will fit it on Saturday.

Just a word of warning to any of you guys that have fitted the same set-up it is worth pulling a plug and taking a look, as the end of the pipe did not really tell the correct story.

I'll post my comments of the techlusion box after I've had a chance to fit it and have a bit of a ride out.

Back
Top Bottom