small tank bag source anyone?

william

Anyone suggest a cheaper alternative to Bagster tank bag for 1150. I would rarely use it and am looking for something to see my maps in, carry camera documents and lunch basically. Local Gericke dealer said they didn't do anything would fit the Gs though I don't believe 'em.
thanks in advance all

Your Gericke shop staff are talking bollox. HG do a variety of tank bags, several of which would suit the GS (I was looking at their bag with detachable side panniers - I think it was called 'Toureg'[sp] - but decided on the Touratech version instead. I don't have a HG catalogue to hand, but I'd drop in and look at what they've got and pick a catalogue up (& order it mail order - these people clearly don't deserve your business!).

MikeO:)

HG Tank bag

I have a Tuareg bag from HG for a while now on my 1100 (similar tank) which I use for the same purposes you are looking for. Cheap, good, small.

Perfect for me. Yosi

Not sure if it's cheaper...

but I recently bought the Ride magazine Best Buy tankbag from Held. It's available in a clip'n'strap version or two different magnetic bases. I chose the smaller 5-magnet base and it seems to work OK (has a headstock strap). Main reasons I bought this bag are:
1) it's not too big - no problem with steering
2) it quickly converts into an excellent rucksack
3) it's completely waterproof (including funky zips), so no cover needed
4) it's very well made

Used it on a recent trip and it worked a treat - zips on and off the base in seconds.

A couple of months or so back I picked up a small "enduro" stylee magnetic tank bag from M&P in Coventry for £20. Bit too small for touring but ideal as a "day-tripper"

I've got a Tuareg (Heine Gericke) tankbag which fits my 1150GSa perfectly.

Being as tight as the proverbial duck's I just use the big red Oxford tankbag I bought 18 months ago for £70 and used on my Bandit.

Although it's not "enduro" designed it works and carries all the camera stuff etc.

There's a BMW item on EBAY at the moment....

Tuareg tank bag

I got a HG / Tuareg on my GS 1100 - perfect fit , easy to revoge to fill up the tank . only disadvantage is that the place foreseen for the map is a bit to small and round around the edges

Attachments

• dsc00005.jpg
    dsc00005.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 209
Tank Bag

I have a HG Tuareg Adventure Pack tank bag which converts into a rucksack, is expandable and has two side pockets and a map pocket. Secured by 6 magnets and headstock strap with q/d buckle, so it don't move at all at any speed. Excellent bit of kit even 'tho it aint quite the right shape for the GS tank. Part No is 21002135
Unfortunately it's not in this years HG catalogue. The nearest thing would be part no 21001490 or 21001495, both on page 277 of this years catalogue.

speak to your local HG shop. They MAY have a Tuareg lurking about somewhere.

HG Tank bag

Peterb: i had the same problem: Map case too small. So here what I did. Stick some self-stick velcro stripes over the transparent plastic (from your local Woolworth) and get yourself a Touratech map case (I thing around 10/15 quids) which has already the underneath cover with velcro. Or cheaper, get a map case from a pushbike shop.
Fit perfect and can be easily removed if not needed.

Re: HG Tank bag

Yosi said:
Peterb: i had the same problem: Map case too small.

I use an AtoZ A5 map.

The Map pocket is ideal for that and a mobile.

Back
Top Bottom