What 's happened to my Quest ?

guitarman

After clearing down user data whilst unsuccessfully trying to get CNV8 maps loaded my Quest seems to have gone a bit mad.

I've now used V7 to load maps and routes from my other PC and I thought I had returned all the settings back to how I had them before but ....

1) When I switch the unit on it's centered on the Garmin HQ near Kansas City and I have to scroll across to the UK.

2) It powers on in nighttime mode despite the time zone being set to London and the time displaying correctly and the display set to "auto".

3) It doesn't seem able to find satellites. I've just left the unit outside for 20 minutes and it's it's still "acquiring"

Help!!!!!!

Cheers

Dick

Give the Quest a clear view of the sky then:

Menu >
Settings >
OK >
GPS Info >
OK >
Menu >
New Location >
OK >

It may tak upto 20 minutes but it will reset its location and all will be well.

HTH

Dave

Hmmm... just been out to check if the satellites had been acquired yet and there was a display for "Use indoors"/"New location"/"Continue acquiring". Normally I've answered "continue" but this time I selected "new location" and chose my home address and it moved to daylight mode and found the satellites immediately.

Thought I'd leave the post here in case it was useful to anyone in the future.

Cheers

Dick

Edit oops sorry guys just seen the other posts.

Thanks for your help, 10/10 for identifying the problem and solution :thumb :thumb

Yep, What Dave said...help Betty out by telling her where you are using his method (and select 'use map', then scroll across to where you arew rougly).

Your unit has effectively had a hard reset...she doesn't know where she is or what month or even year it is, so she's having trouble finding any satellites 'cos she's looking for thos that are around Kansas........it can take quite a long time to 'find' the ones over us, but helping her with a location will shorten it up a lot.

(she'll also pick up the time/date stamp from the local satellites once she's found them)

Relocate her, then leave her outside for 30 mins again and she should be fine from then onwards ;)

EDIT....Ya beatme to it :rolleyes: :D

Thanks guys for this info same happened to me after update to 2.60 slightly off topic what guitar do you play guitarman?

Back
Top Bottom