Quest lock up

Beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My year old Quest has locked up on me!!

Happened once about 10 months ago but I cant remember how to reset the thing.
Anyone able to tell me which buttons to push please?
Ta
Steve

yep

PAGE/OK/POWER all at once but you'll loose your waypoint list

Sherpa ;)

Cheers Sherpa.
I've tried what you've suggested but it aint happening, anymore ideas?
Typical this, we're off to France on Saturday for a week :nenau
Steve

This happened to me and whilst I tried all know resets still no joy.

I reckon if you wait until the battery goes flat it will reset but I simply opened it up, took off the back and pulled out the tiny multi plug from the battery.

Ten seconds later I reconnected and screwed shut again.

Result. Be careful thought you really need the hands and fingers of a 5 year old to get inside properly.

Best of luck.

What about setting the backlight to "Stays On" which should run the battery down faster.

edit: Damn !!you can't get to the setting :eek:
Dave

Dave, the backlight is thankfully already on so it should be run down by the morning.
Steve thnaks for the advice but I'm sure I'll only make matters worse if I open the thing up mate.

Steve

Try pressing the power button and the zoom in button at the same time, this should do the trick,

t

Steve...if you can't get it sorted out, gimme a call and I might be able to solve your lack of GPS for France problem ;)

Bill

Bill thanks for the phone call :thumb

Trev....You ARE the man :bow All sorted :thumb
Thanks very much chaps.
Steve

trevmcdev8 said:
Try pressing the power button and the zoom in button at the same time, this should do the trick,

t

I thought as well it is Power and (Zoom) In. Is that wrong? What is the secret weapon?

Sorry, have just seen it was, the phone call got me wondering if it is something else......

Last edited:
I have similar problems every time I use my Quest on the bike. It is fitted to a Garmin cadle with power wired directly to the battery via its own fuse. So far I have had multiple screen freezes, screens going blank and a high pitch noise when I removed it from its cradle, that lasted several hours!
This is a replacement unit as I was forced to go to Garmin and complain. I did try their email but they do not anwer and I was once on hold via their phone system for 24 minutes before someone took up the call. On a previous attempt I was on hold for 58 minutes!
I am at the point of threatening legal action to get my money back, but if someone has any ideas for a reset that works I would be grateful. I did pay for a unit I could use on my car and bike. I could have gone for a cheaper car only unit.

Tim Angus said:
I have similar problems every time I use my Quest on the bike. It is fitted to a Garmin cadle with power wired directly to the battery via its own fuse. So far I have had multiple screen freezes, screens going blank and a high pitch noise when I removed it from its cradle, that lasted several hours!
This is a replacement unit as I was forced to go to Garmin and complain. I did try their email but they do not anwer and I was once on hold via their phone system for 24 minutes before someone took up the call. On a previous attempt I was on hold for 58 minutes!
I am at the point of threatening legal action to get my money back, but if someone has any ideas for a reset that works I would be grateful. I did pay for a unit I could use on my car and bike. I could have gone for a cheaper car only unit.

Stick a multimeter across the right hand two terminals of the cradle to see what voltage you've got......if the unit isn't seizing up under it's own power, it may well be that the power converter is up the spout....what current is going to it????

PS it's rare for them to do that...in fact yours is the only one I've heard of with those symptoms and once you get through to Garmin you'll find they fix it for you very quickly....apart from the initial contact issues, they are extremely good with their customer service.

I used to get a similar problem, but it disappeared when I updated the operating software from Garmin's site.

Make sure you have the most up to date set-up.

Al :D

Back
Top Bottom