Advice on an R1100GS in Victoria.

Josky

Good morning.

I am new to the forum and am looking at buying a GS1100 located in Victoria. I am currently running an XT600 and nice as it is, I need more.
My mate Roger mentioned he asked for a hand when he arrived here and some very kind Gentlemen (I think that's what he called them.) were able to help.
Are there any locals in that area who would be up for casting an eye over this bike for me and giving an opinion on the bike?

Location: Marriot's Motorcycles & Power Equipment Leongatha, Victoria 3953.
Type: BMW R 1100GS, 1994, 5 Spd, 140Kms, White tank, New gearbox, seems to be regularly serviced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Josky.

Welcome Josky

It was me that helped Roger and that is the first time I have ever been called a gentleman :confused: !!

As you can see I am in Adelaide also, but there are a couple of Melburniums on the forum.

So that means more GS's :thumb we went to Strath last Sunday and there were 5 of us on GS's and another couple turned up while we were there, getting to be a very popular bike round here

Mike

PS I didnt realise Roger had any friends :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mikef said:
Welcome Josky

It was me that helped Roger and that is the first time I have ever been called a gentleman :confused: !!

As you can see I am in Adelaide also, but there are a couple of Melburniums on the forum.

So that means more GS's :thumb we went to Strath last Sunday and there were 5 of us on GS's and another couple turned up while we were there, getting to be a very popular bike round here

Mike

PS I didnt realise Roger had any friends :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In that case I used the word Tossers as I can copy that from this site I do not know how to spell genckleman.
I had a whale of a time getting lost up and around Mt Torrens after I left you highway jockies just to put another layer of dust and muck on the GS. I here Bruce has some spray on mud to make your polished yellow thing seem real

1100 GS Victoria

Thanks for the help fellas. :bow
I have taken the plunge and gone ahead with the purchase of my new steed.
I should be picking it up on Monday 10th July as the seller is taking it for one last run to Adelaide, as long as I do not mind him ramping up another 1000 odd Kms on it and he will fly back. He is throwing in quite a few accessories; spare (firmer) riders seat. The original was a bit soft for his bottie.
Knobblie tyres with approx 5Kms left on them, tools and manuals (not sure if that's an Omen :eek ) and anything else he thinks may be usefull. Sounds like a good lad.

Roger is already waving the Touratec catalogue under my nose just to torment me with goodies. I think I will recover from the trauma of purchase first then go for more lights. :thumb

Cheers.

Josky

We done welcome to Tosserdom :D

We should all go for a ride when you get it

That would mean a convoy of 6 GS's (5 real ones and one shiny yellow 1200 :ymca one eh Roger)

Am I correct in thinking that I spoke to about the long range tank for the XT a few months back ?

Cheers Mike

Big White GS11

Mike F. Yes. I do believe I was talking to you about getting a big tank and pannier racks from Ex CoA bikes.

Big Jim. Yes. White, 25 ltr, single night sun head lamp.

Tony. Mine is a 94 with 97 adventure G,box.

Game on.

Josky.

:clap

Back
Top Bottom