Swedish speeding ticket

bladerunner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
"A friend of mine" was pulled over for 129kph on a swedish motorway (110 limit). The nice police man gave a ticket and said "he" had 30 days to pay.

Now it is unlikely "my friend" will return to Sweden (nice though it is) and certainly unlikely by bike/car.

Anyone have any views on whether it is wise to pay the fine (1200 SEK = £88), or whether the paper work got soaked in the terrrible thunder storm Saturday and is unfortunately unreadable (damn!).

cheers.

Border control.

Having worked in Finland on many occasions, travelling by aeroplane, before the Customs/Border Guards let you into the country, your passport is scanned by bar-code. They are checked whether you have visited before and if you have any history of any type of offence, including motoring offences, and you have no outstanding fines, etc. If you do, then you go no further into the country until the fees have been paid.
I'm almost sure that Norway, Sweden and Denmark adopt a similar system. T.

Timpo said:
Having worked in Finland on many occasions, travelling by aeroplane, before the Customs/Border Guards let you into the country, your passport is scanned by bar-code.

:nenau my pasport hasn't got a bar code :nenau

Apologies, wrong wording.

I know, I get confused when sober, sorry, not had a bevvy yet!
FYI, copied from UK Passport Services website:-

Your passport will contain the following personal information:
Passport Number
Surname
First Name(s)
Date of birth
Place of birth
Digitised image (photograph)
Signature

Your personal information, digitised image and signature are all located on page 31 of the passport. The page is in two parts. The upper part is for visual inspection, while the lower part consists of two lines of print which can be read by special passport reading equipment at immigration controls. All the information on the machine readable page can also be read by the human eye. There is no hidden information and there will be no means of adding information to the page after the passport has been issued.

Back
Top Bottom