Speed camera downloads

cuban heels

Hi all
I have searched for threads for this but not come up with what I wanted. Does anyone know where I can get speed camera downloads from t'internet for my Garmin 2610?
Thanks
Jon

i don't think you can do it on the 26xx series - you might find you need a 27xx or 28xx unit.

you can get a speed camera map overlay from pocketgps.co.uk? it doesnt give audible alerts ala large POI databases as the 26xx is too old (from what I've heard) for that. I use the same method on my 276c( again large POI not suported) and its usable if u keep an eye on the map.

i've tried to do it recently, using the waypoints. Not sucsessfull due to only being able to store 500 waypoints. I'm trying to figure out if it can be done any other way

i've just got it to work, you need to get the overlay form PocketGPSWorld.com

I've copied a little howto over here to make it easier for you :D

You need to register as a member (see the Members Area section on the left- £2.00 for a months membership). Then go to the Speed Cameras section and choose Download.

To download the GPSR map just select 'Garmin' from the SatNav System dropdown box, then 'GPSR Map Overlay' from the Camera Selections dropdown

If you follow that you should end up with a zip file containing a single .msi file on your system. Running the msi file installs the map into Mapsource so you can then copy it down to your 2610 like any other map.

You need to reload the existing maps as well as the new one.

In Mapsource, choose the City Navigator maps from the dropdown box, (top left box, says something like city navigator europe v7) then click the maps you want to d/l with the Map Selection Tool in the normal way. Don't send them to the GPS yet! Now, select the speed cameras map in the dropdown box, click on the UK and/or Europe map with the Map Selection Tool. This adds these maps to the ones you have already selected. Now, you can send the whole lot to your GPS.

Once its fineshed downloading to the gps (and its re booted) press the menu button twice on the gps then select map info, you should have city navigator and another map called euro poc, thats the speed cam one. if you go to map view and zoom out there should be loads of largish green dots everywhere :eek: :D
I can't get it to warn when i'm near a speed cam yet but i've dug the manual out to have a look to see if it's possible :rob

i managed to get the speed camera down load onto my garmin color map

Is it possible to make the camera blobs disappear at a higher resolution than 50 miles? Seeing the whole of the UK disappear under a sea of speed cameras is funny the first 2 or 3 times but after that it just gets tedious and I want to see the map again. Or is it a feature of map overlays that they don't disappear until the unit only displays the base map?

Back
Top Bottom