Zumo availability

GS_Mad

Reaction score
Does anybody know the above? I've read that the Zumo will be available in October and can see that certain companies are taking pre-orders!

Has anybody a confirmed date? I don't really want to place a pre-order, but rather simply go into a shop and buy a GPS over the counter.

I read somewhere else that the Zumo will be at the NEC! Could I buy 1 there? or will it simply be on show.

Thanks

The big names in retailing GPS are keen to get their hooks into you early, promising early delivery.

The likes of MNC did the same with the Quest 1 when I ordered that a couple of years ago.

Looks like December is more likely for first deliveries, so - do you want to give them all the money now and wait????

How easy do you think it will be to get a refund on your credit card when they don't deliver?

Al :D

I've placed an order with Dutchman a member of this parish and proprieter of Mottorad Concepts who has always states the likely delivery date to be December while others have been quoting October (read this post).

I have no hesitation in dealing with Mottorad and know that should things not work out my deposit is secure.

Concerning the NEC I think you will find they are just on display.

Thunder said:
I've placed an order with Dutchman a member of this parish and proprieter of Mottorad Concepts who has always states the likely delivery date to be December while others have been quoting October (read this post).

I have no hesitation in dealing with Mottorad and know that should things not work out my deposit is secure.

Perhaps that's the difference............ you've only given a deposit. Are the other companies looking for the full price up front?

Blackal said:
Perhaps that's the difference............ you've only given a deposit. Are the other companies looking for the full price up front?

It's down to confidence in the company your dealing with more than just a deposit. Dutch has been spot on with his estimate of delivery unlike others.

Thunder said:
It's down to confidence in the company your dealing with more than just a deposit. Dutch has been spot on with his estimate of delivery unlike others.

That's my point................I feel the other companies that are taking the full price from you now, are financing their operation using your money. I also would have more confidence in the company that took a token deposit with a realistic delivery date.

Beware some offers??, mail amazon and confirm model spec and availability??.

Garmin don`t` specify a deluxe model on there site ?, and It may be the 550 UK area only model ?.

Stick with Dutchman, he knows his stuff and only take a small deposit,. :thumb

Zumo 550 Availability...

Just got back from Inermot where Garmin Germany had a stand with several working Zumo's on display......but none for sale.

Chatting to staff there it seems they have been given the same delivery dates as we have, ie mid to late November, which is why we have been quoting December delivery.

Of the 100 units we have on order, we have written confirmation from Garmin that we will receive at least half of them in the above timescale with the rest following about 4 weeks afterwards.

With this in mind we are only taking orders & deposits for the first 50 and as far as I know these are now all spoken for.

If the delivey schedule changes in any way we will, of course, notify our customers directly but as others have said, deposits are quite safe and refundable in the unlikely event we are unable to deliver as promised.

On the subject of Zumo itself, it really is a superb piece of kit, based closely on the car based Nuvi unit but a little larger with a more rugged case and powered mount.

Frankly I cannot seen any reason why anyone would spend more money on Garmin 2820 when in just about every respect Zumo is equal or better.

Anyone wanting to reserve a Zumo 550 from our second batch of 50 can do so by phoning 0131 663 1012.

Cheers

Dutch

Off-topic Dutchman, but was there any mention of dates for release of Citiy Navigator Europe V9?

Thanks much..

I agree with others, Motorrad Concepts are a top company to deal with.

I was at Intermot (sorry Chris we didn't meet up, you must of been else where when we called on your stand in the Baehr area), I had a good look at the Zumo 550. It looks to be a superb piece of kit and the one I looked at was using CN V9 NT, so I guess they will be shipped with V9.

DodgyGeeSer said:
Off-topic Dutchman, but was there any mention of dates for release of Citiy Navigator Europe V9?
Crikey! And I'll bet you've got your Christmas decorations up already ;)

DodgyGeeSer said:

Thanks much..

Like Shedracer, I noticed the installation of V9 on the Zumo.......Garmin Germany were clueless but Garmin here say '1st quarter 2007'.....

Given the release of the last 3-4 versions, I'd say late January-February.....

Cheers

Dutch

Dutchman said:
Just got back from Inermot where Garmin Germany had a stand with several working Zumo's on display......

Dutchman,

did you get a chance to play with the zumo? any idea how it will handle tracks? will we be able to upload tracks from mapsource into it? and will it have a trackback feature?

also, any idea if the tracklogs will be able to be saved to SD card or limited to the "regular" memory and a fixed number of tracklog points?

Dale

Back
Top Bottom