decisions decisions...

L

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Currently have an SP3 which I use in both the car and the bike. My wife has a 2610 (work issue) so I know what that's like. I'm sorely tempted to upgrade, but justifying spending much money is difficult - after all, the SP3 does the job - all be it slowly sometimes!

I'm tempted by the latest technology also for the bluetooth capabilities and the potential of using it as a handsfree kit in the car.

I'm tempted to get TOMTOM for the mobile/PDA as a really cheap option.

I'm tempted to wait for the ZUMO

Oh I don't know. Its too confusing. What do you opionated bunch reckon?

PS. I know the decision is mine at the end of the day, so comments like "depends what you want it for" don't help! Tell me what YOU think!!! :) :clap

I have a 2610 and love it.
I saw the Zumo at the NEC and it looks very good.

If I was loaded and my matress was teetering on £50 notes I might get a Zumo but, asI'm not, I reckon the 2610 is a good robust unit that does the job, for me anyway.

The 2610 is proven, robust and does the job although lacks some of the refinements of the more recent models. At £179 on blokestuff it's an utter bargain. It dropped £9 only yesterday so it might go cheaper still :nenau

i always get the best at the time, ok you pay for it, but you only get what you pay for,
Tom Tom :nono
Garmin :clap
Now, if you want MP3 and Bluetooth its the 2820, if not, my new shiney 2720 is the dogs. with the motorrad mount, the Garmin cradle, power/audio cable and the garmin carry case, it wasnt cheap.
But, my mattress is full of £50 notes :D

If you like the SPIII (great bit of kit), and you want cheap, get one of the discounted 2610s with a 2Gb card. At the current price, it's a no-brainer.

samwise said:
I just wish the Quest or 276c would come down in price like the 2610 :(
Got a Quest on eBay for £130, admittedly it wasn't new but complete, boxed and un registered :D Guess I was lucky.

I would be very doubious about claims of useability with bluetooth.

Have you tried having a decent conversation with a bluetooth earpiece and matched phone in the car? Crap. What on earth would it be like on a bike?

The other problem is where you site the equipment as bearing in mind that bluetooth is a very short range radio based form of communication and very prone to interference.

I have a mate who is a bluetooth developer and even he admits it is one of the most overhyped and lowest delivering of recent technologies.

Not to be confused with wireless broadband, which is brilliant.

bigalmac said:
Have you tried having a decent conversation with a bluetooth earpiece and matched phone in the car? Crap.
While I've no doubt that you're correct about the useability of Bluetooth on bikes, I've found it works perfectly well in the car. I've been using a Jabra/Nokia (voice dialling, etc) without problems for the last 3 years. And my car is a soft-top.

Back
Top Bottom