new tosser

slyderx

:rob am taking delivery of 1150gsadv next week unless ive been webscammed. Now im a K boy...is there anything strange and wonderful about the GS that i should know before i put it on the Liverpool ferry? the manual will be in German aghhhh. Ive never driven one and I have a recurring nightmare about trying to find the fuel cap.....

Hello mate

Welcome aboard and congrats on the bike. :thumb

P.S. EVERYTHING about a GS is strange and wonderful :D

P.P.S. Buy a manual in ENGLISH

Sliderx hello and welcome, enjoy your stay .... :)

There are other areas to the site that you may not be able to see until you become a site sponsor plus you have the use of a pm (private message) facility.

The links at the top of the page if you wish to use.

Have fun..... :)

Welcome aboard slyderx ;)

I suspect the first thing you'll notice (after the scaryness of the initial feeling of being so damned high up) is the torque action when you blip the throttle......very different to a 'k' and feels greatwhen you've got used to it....it won't affect you on the road though.

Be prepared to drop it at slow speeds, particularly in car parks when suddenly you'll find that you manage to park it everytime where there's a bit of gravel.....very soon though you'll instinctively park it so you never have to back-pedal it, and you'll get used to lugging her around at slow speed.

PS I'm 6 four 4 and I still had several 'moments'.....don't worry though, once you've discovered that dropping it doesn't automatically mean a grand's worth of plastic needs replacing, you'll relax.

After a K bike, you'll curse the crap lights......do a search on Aux lighting here and it will all be explained and the options detailed.....

Ride the thing for at least a thousand miles though before falling into the classic GSer shiny baubles trap....and no matter what anyone says, don't click the Nippy Norman's link until AFTER you've paid of Xmas on the credit cards :thumb

You have, by the way, impeccable taste sir......and next week you will own the pinnacle of the whole GS range...I applaud your taste and wish you well :thumb

Welcome Slyderx :thumb Good to see another 'Southern' tosser, even if it's only on an 1150 :D

Enjoy the bike & the craic on here ;)

PS: Don't forget to come out to 'play' with the rest of us sometime :beerjug:

Welcome Slyderx :thumb

You will find the Ireland forum a lively place for craic and info on up-coming outings and events. We look forward to seeing you on the road.

Best of luck with the new bike.

Good to see another 'Southern' tosser, even if it's only on an 1150

Pass no remarks on that cynical oul Tosser. He has serious real bike envy, especially since he traded his basic 1200 for a 1200ADV. :p :D :D

Pass no remarks on that cynical oul Tosser. He has serious real bike envy, especially since he traded his basic 1200 for a 1200ADV. :p :D :D

And what would you know about 'real' bikes :p Go back & sun you're baldy bits some more. 'Twas grand & quiet while ya were away :mooney

Here, what the feck's a 'super mod' anyway :nenau Probably just a super-sized :tosser :D

:rob am taking delivery of 1150gsadv next week unless ive been webscammed. Now im a K boy...is there anything strange and wonderful about the GS that i should know before i put it on the Liverpool ferry? the manual will be in German aghhhh. Ive never driven one and I have a recurring nightmare about trying to find the fuel cap.....

:beer: thanks for the warm welcome one and all.

Welcome Sliderx to the weird and wonderful world of Tosserdam! Sorry to hear about your nightmares. Don't worry though, once you've got a translated handbook you will soon find that the fuel cap is on the fuel tank and on a GSA even a blind man would have problems missing that:rolleyes:

Unless of course you have been webscammed:D

Back
Top Bottom