Lunch Invitation:

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Its all very quiet here . . Must be because 'Ronno' is away. :D

Time to get moving again, there was some light in the sky as I drove to work at 07:00 today so Spring can't be far away :thumb

Sunday 28th Jan - The BMW Club have a regular 'Lunch Meeting' at The Tibbie Shiels Inn. Last month I was the only one there so how about a few 'Tossers' swelling the numbers.

Tibbie Shiels is on the A708 between Moffat and Selkirk, on the South side of St. Mary's Loch.

Its small, but warm and friendly and they serve good soup :thumb2

If anyone wants to go - and fancies meeting up somewhere first - just let me know.

Time to get those wheels turning. :clap

Voyager.

Its all very quiet here . . Must be because 'Ronno' is away. :D

Time to get moving again, there was some light in the sky as I drove to work at 07:00 today so Spring can't be far away :thumb

Sunday 28th Jan - The BMW Club have a regular 'Lunch Meeting' at The Tibbie Shiels Inn. Last month I was the only one there so how about a few 'Tossers' swelling the numbers.

Tibbie Shiels is on the A708 between Moffat and Selkirk, on the South side of St. Mary's Loch.

Its small, but warm and friendly and they serve good soup :thumb2

If anyone wants to go - and fancies meeting up somewhere first - just let me know.

Time to get those wheels turning. :clap

Voyager.

Sounds tempting.

I'm frankly dubious that Voyager's wheels ever stop turning!

Will most likely have to pass on that one, too much to do and too little time to do it. I will most likely be fitting brake shoes to daughters Ka. Joy of joys!

If I ever finish writing reports............ I fancy that :thumb2

(not if it is raining....obviously :nono)

Al :D

Might be up for that, could do with a run out. What time do they meet? Jeff

Ah . . I should have said.

Meet at the Tibbie Shiels Inn at 12:30 (or thereabouts).

I usually work my way across country to Abington, then take the B7076 that runs parallel to the M74.

Abington Services might be a suitable meeting point if people want to gather somewhere.

Meet at 11:00 for 11:15 ?

Voyager.

Looking highly probable but need to reschedule some stuff. GS back on the road and hopefully will manage a run out without breaking down!

If you are coming across country, we could meet up at Forth.

P.S. Up for camping at Glenluce in March (23-25th)?

If you are coming across country, we could meet up at Forth.

P.S. Up for camping at Glenluce in March (23-25th)?

I usually go down the A70 'Lang Wang' to Carnwath - but I could divert to Forth. I'll give you a call to discuss arrangements.

I haven't camped for years and I'm not sure about the state of my tent. I'll give it some thought though.

I'm afraid I will have to pass on this gathering. My only granddaughter is 4 tomorrow and I would not want to miss the celebrations. Have a good one.

Ah . . I should have said.

Meet at the Tibbie Shiels Inn at 12:30 (or thereabouts).

I usually work my way across country to Abington, then take the B7076 that runs parallel to the M74.

Abington Services might be a suitable meeting point if people want to gather somewhere.

Meet at 11:00 for 11:15 ?

Voyager.

Denis M and I are heading down from the Lothianburn Esso station to Moffat on the A701 leaving there around 10:00, so should be in Moffat around 11:00 in time for a capuccino and then head up to the Tibbie Shiels in time for a 12:30 nosebag. :)

Our bikes will be parked in the centre of the town and we'll be in the coffee shop next door to the newsagents if anyone else fancies popping in.

Al:thumb

Glad to see that there is some interest.

Gordon and I will be meeting up at Carnwath and taking a circuitous route to Tibbie Shiels (Gordon doesn't know this yet ;)).

We probably won't be going through Moffat on the way there, so see you all for lunch.

Weather forecast isn't bad - might even have a dry run for once :thumb

Might even get some pictures :clap

Voyager (Bob).

Hi Voyager,hope to see you and the gang at tibbie shields black ice permitting Aldy

Surely you mean "Black Ice notwithstanding" you're on a 1200GS for heaven's sake ;) .

It'll be good to see you again and catch up with things - hope you make it.

Bob.

Surely you're not still celebrating Burns Night :D

Nooooo........still celebrating my December 30th Birthday.....:beer:

...........still not sobered up......so two wheels is definately out today.........:rob

Another time, no doubt.......:sunshine

Dutch

Glad there was such a good turnout :thumb2 and that Denis eventually turned up in time for lunch after I shook him off :rolleyes:

Roads not too bad, but as usual......... bike and trousers are absolutely mingin' now :(

Al :thumb2

Attachments

• Tibbie-01.JPG
    Tibbie-01.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 84
Great day, great roads, great company, great soup. Voyager's fan club certainly turned out in force today.

Bike now running fine again after its wee breakdown - all is forgiven

Attachments

• 100_3068b.JPG
    100_3068b.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_3069b.JPG
    100_3069b.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_3070b.JPG
    100_3070b.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_3071b.JPG