Insurance - Croatia, Bosnia etc

purds

Reaction score
Looking at visiting the baove area this year but my insurers (Motorcycle Direct) dont want to extend insurance cover there.
Anyone any advice or had a similar problem.
Thanks in advance.

You buy the Insurance for Bosnia at the border. About €20 for a month IIRC. Some of the minor crossings from Croatia don't have this facility, so you will be directed to a crossing that does. Didn't have a problem with Croatia as my Insurance company (BMW) couple it with the EU member states

In Sept 2005, the border crossing from Croatia to Bosnia (Izacic near Bihac)was the only one in Europe which wanted to see all my documents; passport, driving licence and insurance. A bit of surprise as I had been in 14 countries that year including ex-communist and most waved you through (some without even getting my passport out of my pocket). The border crossing & access roads were really new & modern, lots of EU reconstruction money spent. 5 miles on and you were back onto well worn roads again.

The Bosnian guard had a bit of attitude and scrutinised the foreign language wording on the back of my insurance certificate before letting me through. This was a standard Carole Nash policy. There was no request to purchase insurance at the border.

Back
Top Bottom