The Garry Holloway Experience, 11th March

robbie c

Reaction score
I've been speaking to Garry recently and he's up for leading another expedition into the back of beyond in wales

who's up for testing their nerve ?????

A Garry experience is too much for my Tourances but if I can get the XT running more reliably (it needs dehibernating) I might join you.

ok ok ok

what we were thinking of doing was a different route that would be better for the larger bikes, more fire roads but still enough of the more interesting stuff
I will be going on the adv this time but I will have fitted tkcs, something that I know I'm going to regret after I've done some two up touring!!!!!
the aim is to try and avoid the really wet stuff (water) and not ride "that" route until later in the year when it has dried out a bit.
If noone else wants to go then I shall take the xl

mutters- get some GS shocks and I'll fit them for you, you will be much more confident then....

cheers

Rob

I can make it as tricky or easy as people want :nenau
But it will be nowhere near as wet as the last run thats for sure...Will be saving the splashes for the summer for those who are up for it :green gri

mutters- get some GS shocks and I'll fit them for you, you will be much more confident then....

I'm much more confident off road since I went to Morocco and the height of the bike isn't the issue for me. I like the fact that it is tall and anyway I've never ridden a bike I can flat foot :eek:

I thought the last trip we did off road was a little too much for such expensive bikes. I'd be happy to ride them on a £1k trail bike but not a £9k GSA, especially as you'd never push one out of there.:eek

If we are going to do a bit less technical stuff then I am up for it :thumb2

my thoughts

I have no issues with riding the adv on these routes, that's why I parted with my extremely hard earned cash for it, the way I look at it is that if you knock it around a bit off road then you will probably have really enjoyed owning the bike as you won't have been worrying too much about it's resale value

they are built to do that sort of work

just my opinion

Rob

The Moroccan Marauder

Tut Tut Muttley:augie :augie , that is exactly what a GS is for:blast .......after all it can only fall over:eek: :eek: Go on dare to be adventurous you Moroccan marauder you:thumb :thumb :thumb

I thought the last trip we did off road was a little too much for such expensive bikes. I'd be happy to ride them on a £1k trail bike but not a £9k GSA, especially as you'd never push one out of there.:eek

If we are going to do a bit less technical stuff then I am up for it :thumb2[/QUOTE]

I have no issues with riding the adv on these routes, that's why I parted with my extremely hard earned cash for it, the way I look at it is that if you knock it around a bit off road then you will probably have really enjoyed owning the bike as you won't have been worrying too much about it's resale value

they are built to do that sort of work

just my opinion

Rob

Thats the sprit Rob :thumb
My mate did more damage to his bike dopping it in his garage one day than in 2 years of trail riding it :blast

Memories hey Rob :bow

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 109
Thats the sprit Rob :thumb
My mate did more damage to his bike dopping it in his garage one day than in 2 years of trail riding it :blast

Memories hey Rob :bow

I did more damage to my bike in one afternoon following you than I did in a ten days in Morocco :D

I did more damage to my bike in one afternoon following you than I did in a ten days in Morocco :D

Just goes to show that an afternoon in Wales is more difficult than 10 days in Morocco :eek :D

garry

I won't have my TKCs fitted so we have a choice, not too muddy and a bit rough or I take the honda which is ok in mud but the airbox tends to fill up if there are too many puddles.
I think it runs back along the frame and into the airbox:mad:

it looks as though it's only us two anyway

new clutch going in the honda this wekend just in case

cheers

Rob

Rob

At least your man enought to bring the bike out :beerjug:
Lets see what the weather is like then we can deciede what to do...I will sort us a good day out either way :thumb2
Will be in touch

amazing

you lot get the oppertunity to ride with someone who has 25 years trail riding experience and none of you take up the offer, is this talk of off roading on this forum just that ?

as it happens this one is cancelled due to work commitments but is probably going to be next sunday (18th)

so all who commented on the tourances thread in a positive way , why not put your name down for next sunday?

Rob

We Went Anyway !

Weather looked fine so me and a mate went out anyway :thumb2
Nice easy start
p1d.jpg

Some good tracks
p2d.jpg

Got to where me and Rob had to turn around last week
p4d.jpg

But this time i took my saw but someone had done the hard work :beerjug: ...So no turning back this time :clap
p3d.jpg

Out on the open ground atlast
p8d.jpg

Slippy little track this one
p5d.jpg

Looking good
p6d.jpg

Fair climb out mind you :eek:
p7d.jpg

Time for a calendar shot
p9d.jpg

And yes we had to do a stream crossing :D